Author Topic: 0 A.D.: a free historical-accurate RTS (Latest version: Alpha 16 Patañjali)  (Read 21531 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: 0 A.D.: a free historical-accurate RTS (Latest version: Alpha 15 Osiris)
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2013, 08:01:07 PM »
Alpha 15 is out!

New features:

• Multiplayer Lobby: The new in-game multiplayer lobby is a place to meet other players and play games together. Meet the entire 0 A.D. community online and face the challenge of a multiplayer game!
  • Auras: Units get a bonus when they are in range of a special building, like a wonder, or another unit, such as a hero. This feature adds a new layer of strategy to the game. So far, in Alpha 15, temples regenerate health for nearby units, and most heroes have auras. This feature is set for expansion and further refinement over the next few alphas.
  • Debut of the Ptolemaic Egyptians: Alpha 15 debuts the Ptolemaic Egyptians as a new playable civilization. Some new buildings, units and unique gameplay features can already be tested, but it’s not finished yet and still contains a lot of placeholders. The Ptolemies will be completed in the next alpha releases.
  • Skirmish Maps: Skirmish maps are a new game mode in 0 A.D. They’re similar to scenarios, but can be easily changed according to your preferences. Like scenarios, these are hand-crafted maps in which the terrain, starting positions and positions of resources on the map remain constant every game. However, unlike scenarios, other aspects can be changed every time you set up a game, like starting resources, factions and teams.Also, in skirmish maps the map creator also placed some generic entities on the map, which will change according to the factions players choose as soon as the game starts, such as generic Civil Centers that will immediately transform into Civil Centers specific to the faction chosen. Skirmish maps are another option available to the player, on top of scenarios and random maps. (Try the first skirmish map, “Alpine Valleys”, bundled with Alpha 15!)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

debux

• RTW Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: 0 A.D.: a free historical-accurate RTS (Latest version: Alpha 15 Osiris)
« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2013, 09:45:39 PM »
Just read this today, was confused by the memory of it being released already, saw the date of your post. "Ah (,so smart!)".

I refuse to try it until my gaming rig roars to life again (I'm missing the HDMI-VGA adapter to have a screen, using only HDMI made a horrible mess out of resolution and fine tuning)... I remember when I tried it out on my uni ultrabook... the lag... horrible.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

START ANSWERING PHOENIXGUARD! POST AS MUCH AS YE DID IN YE OLD DAYS :D

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Just updated the SVN and had a rather enjoyable war of attrition against Macedon, eventually beating them by virtue of them running out of useful resources and still running men at my massive freakin' walls. Also picking all the hoplite bonuses for technologies so my basic infantry were insanely deadly.  :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...