Author Topic: Roma Vice Total War Video  (Read 4598 times)

jmilan77

• View Profile
    • Awards
Roma Vice Total War Video
« on: May 27, 2011, 04:58:09 PM »
Hi all i was a bit bored of modding yestersday so i decided just to mess around for a bit, anyway what i ended up with was a small intro movie, its not very good just thought we'd show you though. We will start to make some proper movies soon with opening clips and that of battle scenes but this is just a glimpse for now. Enjoy. PLease comments and constructive critism to make it better for next time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bNXa_lreyE
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 06:29:48 PM by jmilan77 »
Roma Vici Total War Mod Leader
Current release 0.88

debux

• RTW Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Roma Vice Total War Video
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 09:15:01 PM »
Not bad, not bad at all. It was nice to see all those units we haven't seen yet through spoilers, and it does help a lot to see the units in action.

A few suggestions though:
-Did you ask for permission to use the EB music? I'm not so sure about using it, especially if you already integrated it into the mod.
-For an extra bit of immersion, I'd suggest you to (somehow) keep in the battle sounds. Like the steel clashes, cries and whanot, helps quite a bit to have a better picture.
-And because of the same thing, In the battle shots I'd highly suggest you to show a bit more of the combat footage, in the sense of seeing more units in the screen (have the camera higher). The skins, animations are all great, however, the engine isn't that much (to today's standards), and not so much can be done about it. Take advantage of the good things of RTW, like the amount of units you can have in the screen at the time. Was it because otherwise it lagged to much?

Anyways, I enjoyed it alot, especially seeing it in HD. Great to know that this mod is so... alive, in a way :D
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

START ANSWERING PHOENIXGUARD! POST AS MUCH AS YE DID IN YE OLD DAYS :D

jmilan77

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Roma Vice Total War Video
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 11:11:27 PM »
Yeah thanks. We are quite alive at the mo. Yes we only used EB music for this little video the mod won't contain that music found a source of our own.

Not to say to much but were trying to add a few things and implement sea battles. Lot to be done still though
Roma Vici Total War Mod Leader
Current release 0.88