Off-topic and Chatter: The Jolly Boar Inn > Tabletop Games - The Game Room

What have you painted/converted today

(1/50) > >>

Silver Wolf:
I can't believe that no one has thought of this yet.
This is a general thread in which anyone can post his/hers recent work.

So here's what I've converted today:

I've converted the upper half of Count's Champion for my greatsword unit.
Right now I'm using Reiksguard knights as command for my greatswords, but I'd like to change that...
I'm going to make one greatsword unit and one Reiksguard knight on foot unit (8 or 10 men strong for the beginning).

Now back to the topic... I've used parts from knightly orders, greatsword and old state troop sprues.
I still need to add some feathers, a sash, some minor details and legs, which I'm probably going to make from scratch.
I'll post a picture when I finish the job.

Now, what's your story ?

Phoenixguard09:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Just put the finishing touches on this little fella.  I'm happy with how he turned out but this is an old photo so he looks a bit better now.

EDIT: Just realised that this pic was taken before I put the extra armour on him.  There is now a big armour plate on his left shoulder and all the tusks are finished as opposed to just base-coated there.

Hehe actually the paintjob looks pretty crap in that picture. Sorry guys, I'll have to find something else to wow you all with. :P

Silver Wolf:
Great job!
The armor on that boar looks very good, mostly because of the reflections... Sometimes it's hard to get those parts look right.
I'm looking forward to see the updated picture.  ;)

My progress :
I've chopped the rest of my unfortunate knight to get a pair of armored boots for my Count's champion...
I'll just have to pin the legs and the lower part of torso and fill it with plasteline clay to get the idea for basic shape.
But the bad news are that I'm actually out of grey stuff and I'll have to buy some to finish this piece. And that's going to take some time.

I'll take a few pictures when I finish the pinning.

Silver Wolf:
Ok, I've finally managed to upload it.
That's just an early wip picture, just to give you a hint of what I'm doing here.

I'm quite satisfied with the results...
Legs are looking a bit weird right now, but I'll fix that once I start grey-stuffing the figure.
Sword handle looks wrong on the first picture, but that's just because of the angle.

Jubal:
I'm planning to try some casting at some point, will let you all know how that turns out!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version