Author Topic: What have you painted/converted today  (Read 73773 times)

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
What have you painted/converted today
« on: July 03, 2011, 04:57:12 PM »
I can't believe that no one has thought of this yet.
This is a general thread in which anyone can post his/hers recent work.

So here's what I've converted today:

I've converted the upper half of Count's Champion for my greatsword unit.
Right now I'm using Reiksguard knights as command for my greatswords, but I'd like to change that...
I'm going to make one greatsword unit and one Reiksguard knight on foot unit (8 or 10 men strong for the beginning).

Now back to the topic... I've used parts from knightly orders, greatsword and old state troop sprues.
I still need to add some feathers, a sash, some minor details and legs, which I'm probably going to make from scratch.
I'll post a picture when I finish the job.

Now, what's your story ?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 12:59:23 PM by Silver Wolf »
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: What have you painted/converted today?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 12:55:53 PM »
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Just put the finishing touches on this little fella.  I'm happy with how he turned out but this is an old photo so he looks a bit better now.

EDIT: Just realised that this pic was taken before I put the extra armour on him.  There is now a big armour plate on his left shoulder and all the tusks are finished as opposed to just base-coated there.

Hehe actually the paintjob looks pretty crap in that picture. Sorry guys, I'll have to find something else to wow you all with. :P
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 12:58:25 PM by phoenixguard09 »
The Norbayne Campaign Instagram page. Give us a cheeky follow if you like. :)
By the power of Ga'haarr I command you to vanish! VANISH!
I CANNOT BE KILLED BUT WITH FIRE!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 01:40:11 PM »
Great job!
The armor on that boar looks very good, mostly because of the reflections... Sometimes it's hard to get those parts look right.
I'm looking forward to see the updated picture.  ;)

My progress :
I've chopped the rest of my unfortunate knight to get a pair of armored boots for my Count's champion...
I'll just have to pin the legs and the lower part of torso and fill it with plasteline clay to get the idea for basic shape.
But the bad news are that I'm actually out of grey stuff and I'll have to buy some to finish this piece. And that's going to take some time.

I'll take a few pictures when I finish the pinning.

"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 08:33:21 PM »
Ok, I've finally managed to upload it.
That's just an early wip picture, just to give you a hint of what I'm doing here.

I'm quite satisfied with the results...
Legs are looking a bit weird right now, but I'll fix that once I start grey-stuffing the figure.
Sword handle looks wrong on the first picture, but that's just because of the angle.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 08:52:29 PM »
I'm planning to try some casting at some point, will let you all know how that turns out!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Gen_Glory

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 09:32:39 PM »
does it have to be today?

as ive got a empire captain on pegasus conversion, Bat riding goblins and a william wallace conversion to name a few
Tis but a scratch...

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 11:30:54 PM »
No, not necessarily... Just show us what you've made.

I'll rename the topic... You're right, it's a bit misleading right now.

EDIT : William Wallace conversion? You've got my attention...   ;D
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 12:04:34 AM by Silver Wolf »

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Show us your paint jobs / conversions
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 05:27:46 AM »
Silver Wolf, that Champion there deserves to be a Captain in his own right. He looks very nice, especially when you consider that the pic there is WIP.

If I may make a suggestion, I know that you pointed out that the hilt looks a bit off centre in the first pic, but honestly I think it's probably a little too small. I mean that is one kickass Zweihander there but there is very little room for the second hand. 

Still that is just one fault in an awesome looking piece, hats off to you Silver. ;)

I'm going to post my concept art for the Pardus Titan soon.  I'm going to make one over the course of the year.  I figure I can post my progress on here for you guys to look at. Hopefully I don't embarass myself too badly. :P
(\__/)

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 09:24:49 AM »
Silver Wolf, that Champion there deserves to be a Captain in his own right. He looks very nice, especially when you consider that the pic there is WIP.

Thanks.  ;D

If I may make a suggestion, I know that you pointed out that the hilt looks a bit off centre in the first pic, but honestly I think it's probably a little too small. I mean that is one kickass Zweihander there but there is very little room for the second hand. 

You've noticed that too, eh ?  ;)
I couldn't find anything suitable so I used the hilt from 6th edition state troop sword. I'll replace it if I find something better.

EDIT : Now this is weird... It's just half a millimeter shorter than original GW greatsword. (http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/images/empire_greatswords_single_sword_large.jpg?osCsid=172csn4ejlq8j73b750g9krpj4)
The shape of the hilt probably makes it look too small, but it fits nicely with the rest of the sword.
Maybe I'll just add a few details in order to to make the shaft look longer (chains, skulls, scrolls, ribbons and similar stuff).

I'm going to post my concept art for the Pardus Titan soon.  I'm going to make one over the course of the year.  I figure I can post my progress on here for you guys to look at. Hopefully I don't embarass myself too badly. :P

Titan? I admit, I don't know much about 40k, but you're probably thinking of those huge robots, right?
A guy in the club made it from scratch, out of plasticard.
He had the blueprint, though...
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 09:46:18 AM by Silver Wolf »

Gen_Glory

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2011, 08:03:34 PM »
i say william wallace, its vaguely based on him

not a great pic but you get the idea, has been under coated awaiting paint job

hes william wallace as in, scantily clad with a freakin' massive sword and i have written rules for on CTA, you'l have to search though as i can't even remember where the rules are :D
Tis but a scratch...

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2011, 09:04:06 PM »
A mix of Valten and orc slaying Wallace? Cool.  8)

The sword looks awesome by the way! It looks a lot like some kind of Runefang.
Where did you get it if I may ask?

My progress :
I've added a pair of feathers on the champion and ruined his overall look (well in my opinion, at least).
Adding the third feather might make him look better.
I'm using plastic glue and removal of those bits could cause some serious damage on the surface of the helm.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 09:16:14 PM by Silver Wolf »

Gen_Glory

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2011, 10:06:00 PM »
manfredd von carstein on foot, its the sword of unholy might
Tis but a scratch...

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2011, 05:48:25 AM »
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Imperial soldier is just there for a bit of size comparison. Don't worry, the model will be less bulky, more lithe and agile. And for that matter, just better, cause I'm a fair bit better at sculpting than I am at drawing.
(\__/)

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2011, 09:08:21 PM »
I'm confused, I must admit. How are you going to use it? As a giant in your army, or is there some other purpose (which I'm not aware of)?

I got bored again so I took one of my assault marines, chopped him into pieces and turned him into Vanguard veteran equipped with two handed relic sword.
I've got most of the job done.
I've also made a special scenic base for him.

Which color scheme would you pick ? Iron Fists look cool...

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2011, 06:05:05 AM »
Iron Fists are pretty cool, but I reckon White Scars. I've always liked them. I know they're the biker guys, but still. ;)  Should be a bit of a challenge to paint well too, as flat white can be tricky. 

As to the Pardus Titan, I wrote up a list for the Khureshi, which are tiger-men in the East.  They're sorta like noble beastmen. Anyway, the Pardus Titan is one of their Rare Choices and is easily the coolest thing on the table when completed. :P

I'm gonna convert it from the Giant kit, but it involves massive amounts of sculpting.

As far as stat-line goes.

M     WS     BS     S     T     A     I     W     Ld     Pts
6      5        -       6     6      5     5     5     8       200

Wargear:
Hand Weapon and Heavy Armour
May take one of the following options:
Additional Hand Weapon - 10pts
Great Weapon - 15pts
Shield - 10pts

Special Rules:
Terror
Lightning Reflexes: The Khureshi are creatures with a naturally high metabolism, the fastest among them displaying reflexes that give some credence to the rumours that the Khureshi can glimpse into the future.  When charged, the all Khureshi will still strike in Initiative order. 

Of course the book was written with 7th Ed in mind as our group does not play 8th.  As a whole we are against the changes.
(\__/)