Author Topic: What have you painted/converted today  (Read 73800 times)

Flamekebab

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: What have you painted/converted today
« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2015, 01:04:07 AM »
A multi-part range of (mostly) female warriors in powered armour I've been working on.

Also, thanks!

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2015, 04:54:47 PM »
I really like it.

The backpack looks a bit too "clean" for my taste, but the rest is just great.
I would probably add more rivets on the joints of armour. Especially on arms and legs. Those kind of tiny details make the whole miniature pop.
And if I may notice, they seem a bit bulkier than some other space nuns floating around...  :P
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Flamekebab

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2015, 10:19:58 PM »
I certainly agree on the backpack. In future revisions I plan on making them a bit smaller and adding more details. We had some format issues that meant they didn't get the once over by Stefan before going to print. Sadly we didn't have time to resolve them so it'll have to wait until the next generation of them. With any luck that won't be too long though as the prints we ended up with aren't as crisp as I'd have liked.

More rivets on the armour? Good idea!
They're entirely modular so each component should eventually get an upgrade or alternative further down the line. There's going to be non boob plate armour too in the near future for folks who prefer that setup. I've got a set of jetpack legs on the go too.

As for bulkiness I think I can see where you're coming from, at least if you're thinking of GW's old models from the 1990s. I've not had a chance to take a proper look at the Svarog ones yet so I'm not sure how mine stack up with theirs.

A question for you - would you like to see more figure-hugging armour? I can have a go at that if it's something you'd like to see!  :)

BrokenIronSights

• Spears of Arda Mod
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2015, 06:47:37 PM »
I'll agree to the backpacks being bulky and the rivits, however I'm glad to see the bulky armor as opposed to the traditional latex with metal trim. It's armor fitting for a female marine in space. :D I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with in the future for variation. :)
I miss my Orks!

Something tells me they don't miss me..

Listening to the hate they've created inside us, we grow.
As we reduce their religion to bones.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2015, 07:37:30 PM »
I also like the bulk in the armour. Finding good female wargaming figures in armour that looks tough and bulky rather than fitted but flimsy is surprisingly difficult, which I think is a selling point of these.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Flamekebab

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: February 14, 2015, 11:07:37 PM »
Cheers, guys. I've not shown these to many people so far and it's encouraging to hear that they're not dreadful!

I'm excited to make more, annoyingly so. That is to say I want to work on more designs right now but I need to focus on making production moulds (i.e. a whole load of models in one mould rather than just one set). Right now I can crank them out at about a sprue of three per half hour. Not exactly fast!

Heavy weapon models are done but not yet printed, same on special pistols (as opposed to the standard sidearms).

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2015, 01:09:03 AM »
Hoping to get some time tomorrow to glue all my daleks together...
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: February 19, 2015, 07:03:39 PM »
A Night goblin big boss with great weapon converted from an ancient orc archer (and a ton of weird bits I had laying around):

"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2015, 12:59:50 PM »
My night goblin BSB:

There's still some minor green-stuffing left to be done, but other than that it's mostly finished.

Flamekebab

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2015, 07:50:02 PM »
I do love a bit of night goblining. Devious little gits!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: March 01, 2015, 07:38:58 PM »
*Looks grim and beardy, sharpens axe carefully *  :gimli:

Flamekebab

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2015, 03:44:22 PM »
Trying some out in purple:

Edit: Done!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 02:21:04 AM by Flamekebab »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2015, 07:18:55 PM »
I have my scalpel in Cambridge; need to order some new modelling putty though, my old stuff is like six years old now :P

Flamekebab

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: March 28, 2015, 02:12:01 AM »
If you'd like I can bring you an inch or two of green stuff tomorrow? I was considering bringing some minis to give away anyway.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: March 28, 2015, 11:57:24 AM »
I mean, I think I'm going to have to do an order of such things from someone anyway soon, but if you have a bit going spare I'm happy to to take it off your hands/remunerate you for it if needs be. :)