Author Topic: The Hordelands Of Morrowind  (Read 14288 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Hordelands Of Morrowind
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2011, 12:07:38 PM »
Looks pretty serious stuff; how much does Morrowind cost these days? I miiiight think about getting it...
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Keedo420

• M&B Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2011, 10:14:34 PM »
Well, I picked up the Game Of The Year edition (which includes the Tribunal and Bloodmoon expansions) at BestBuy for $19.99 but you can probably get it cheaper elsewhere. I would advise you to get the G.O.T.Y. edition as well since most mods these days require one or both of the expansions.

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2011, 07:54:32 AM »
OK, so here's the first screenshot for the mod... A bird's-eye view of every currently playable race in the mod. Note that I have not yet gone through the process of requesting permission to include these races in my mod, but I intend to use every single one. In the event that I do not get permission to include a certain race, I will just have to make that race an optional add-on (with that race's villages or whatever turned into ghost towns overrun by undead unless that race is installed). Below the screenshot is a brief description of each race.

Sho: An asian race of humans found along the southwestern coast.
Velorian: A race of humans originally from the island of Wayland. Their culture is based on medieval Europe and they are found along the eastern coast.
Levarian: A race of humans originally from the island of Wayland. Their culture is based on ancient Rome, and they are found along the south-eastern coast.
Aluvian: A nordic race of humans found in the southeastern portion of the north mountains.
Gharu'ndim: A race of desert-dwelling humans found in the desert of the northeast.
Drow: A race of elves dwelling primarily underground.
High Elves: A race of city-dwelling elves found along the southern coast.
Wood Elves: A race of forest-dwelling elves found in the central Hordelands.
Orcs: A barbaric race of humanoids found in the northern portion of the north mountains.
Goblins: A carniverous race of humanoids found along the northwestern coast. They dwell mainly underground (with a few defensive surface structures), but do most of their hunting above ground at night.
Kobolds: A reptilian race of desert-dwellers.
Caith: A desert-dwelling race of feline humanoids. They are found mainly on the northeastern peninsula.
Kage: A subterranean sub-species of the Caith.
Lupin: Lupin, both the Fox and Wolf varities, are nomadic humanoids. They are usually found in packs of 10-20, but solitary hunters are not unheard of.
Draconians: A reptilian race of mountain-dwelling humanoids. They are mostly solitary. When found in groups, they are usually a single family.
Griffons: A half-lion/half-bird race of mountain dwelling humanoids. While mostly solitary, they can be found in flocks of up to a dozen or so.
Ungen: A subterranean race of rodent-like humanoids. They are scavengers by nature and are often found in networks of tunnels near cities, in sewer systems, or in abandoned structures.
Drudges: Drudges are an offshoot of Goblins that can be found almost anywhere, but they are far less-organized than Goblins and are easily manipulated, often found in the service others.
Cactaur: Cactaur are a mysterious race of desert-dwellers. They are solitary and almost never found in groups. It is unknown whether they are spirits of nature or some form of magical golem. Not even the Cactaur know how they come into existance.
Drider: Driders are magical crossbreeds of Drow and Giant Spiders. They are believed to have been created by the goddess Lolth. Unless in the company of Drow, they are rarely encountered in groups.
Living Dead: Zombies and Skeletons that were animated by binding a spirit to a corpse are referred to as Living Dead. These types of undead are intelligent, thinking beings with freewill instead of being mindless automotons.
Droids: Four types of Droids have been discovered among underground ruins of an unknown race. Their memories have been erased, but many are still functional and have been reactivated.

Caith Half-Breeds: Caith are one of the only beast-races known to be genetically compatible with other races. Nine types of half-breeds have been identified so far. While most show clear indications of their human or elven heritage, the origin of the Kanyu remains in doubt (though it is clear they are half-Kage).

I don't have a good name for the Giant Ants yet, so that's what I'm calling them for now.  :P They are playable though!

I shall pull you up for using mature content in this post. Better Bodies mod. Nude version. (Yes. I am very familiar with the game. Got it one month ago and haven't stopped playing since.) I beg you to help mod the Tamriel Rebuilt mod. Been watching it for a long time and one more moder will go a long way. I have been searching the net for tuturials to get me started with modding. Help from you would be nice.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 07:58:59 AM by Mark - The Khan »
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

hazzacanary

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2012, 01:18:45 AM »
Looks pretty serious stuff; how much does Morrowind cost these days? I miiiight think about getting it...

It's really old (from 2001 I think), so look around on ebay and at CEX/GAME/GAMESTATION etc and you should able to pick it up fairly cheap (£10?)
I CAN HAZ CANARY!