Author Topic: Mmo development for fun  (Read 3415 times)

Graham

• View Profile
    • Awards
Mmo development for fun
« on: February 02, 2012, 12:50:51 AM »
Hey James, a nerdfighter, an irl friend and I are starting to plan out the a mmo. We would be happy to have any body join us. If you want to join the team reply and I'll send you the link to the google doc. We are still forming the proposal for the game so we havent decided on what to do just yet and we would love some imput.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 12:59:47 AM by Graham »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Mmo development for fun
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 05:01:58 PM »
Generally, I suspect you'd be looking at a medium-sized multiplayer online game rather than massively multiplayer - not least due to the lack of server space. As you know, I'm happy to contribute ideas and help out with smallish bits of coding (though the heavy duty stuff may be beyond me). Things like graphics level may have to be determined by the human resources you've got available, too.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

lordryan756

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 05:48:00 PM »
I'll be able to help out with tid-bits of code. Also with any minor graphics and model work. Other than that, I'm on Jubal's level :P

Graham

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 05:57:27 PM »
Yes it would be medium or small but I will supply a fairly good server when it's done and if it ever gets to many users to be able to handle the server we can just add a second server I guess.

Any help is good help, what languages do you program in or what parts would you want to help with?

lordryan756

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 03:01:28 AM »
Yes it would be medium or small but I will supply a fairly good server when it's done and if it ever gets to many users to be able to handle the server we can just add a second server I guess.

Any help is good help, what languages do you program in or what parts would you want to help with?

I'm not so big on the coding level. I'm just working on some mini-projects. I know Python, MySQL, HTML, Javascript, and Java. The MySQL is a minor thing, focusing on Java at the moment. I am reasonably good with 3D modelling, although a little out of practice.