Author Topic: A suggestion that might make things a little easier come election time  (Read 2848 times)

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hey guys,

Basically I'm just thinking that the political party system is pretty tucked away so I'm thinking perhaps we might be able to bring it to the fore a little. My idea? Have a little place in the user profile page to type your political party. (Exilian one of course, who cares about RL politics? :P

This would then show up under the avatar of the user making it far easier for whoever runs the elections because the affiliation will be right beneath the nominee's avatar rather than having to search through the threads until you find the party pages.

There's the other added benefit of bringing the political party system to light for newcomers. At the moment they'll only find out about them if they do some sneaking around, something which most people wouldn't mainly because they're too busy in the Forum Games.

All in all, its only a small change and probably not very important but I like the idea.

Cheers,
The Norbayne Campaign Instagram page. Give us a cheeky follow if you like. :)
By the power of Ga'haarr I command you to vanish! VANISH!
I CANNOT BE KILLED BUT WITH FIRE!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Looks good, though I'm not sure whether this institutionalises the parties too much; I see them more as collections of like-minded members than integral parts of the legal or constitutional system, and this might be detrimental or discouraging to independent candidates. I'd like to hear what others have to think.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Good point regarding the Independents. Hmm, perhaps if it were a drop-down box with the different options (FIF, ECHO and VE with Independent as the default choice. So then new people will be Independent but can change it if they feel strongly enough about the party system)

It probably won't make much of a difference but we should see what others have to say.
The Norbayne Campaign Instagram page. Give us a cheeky follow if you like. :)
By the power of Ga'haarr I command you to vanish! VANISH!
I CANNOT BE KILLED BUT WITH FIRE!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

comrade_general

Just mho but I'd rather keep the political system tucked away. For now.