Author Topic: Weird stuffs  (Read 4884 times)

debux

• RTW Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Weird stuffs
« on: June 10, 2012, 08:49:46 AM »
Since there's a thread for bug reports already (but it's 3 years old), I took the chance of starting a new thread with a really creative name (hey, it's 3.43 am, don't expect too much from me) for bugs reports and similar stuffs.

I'll start off with the weird stuffs I've seen:
-Rebel Indian infantry have no sprites (however, out of like 5 battles, they did have sprites on one, which is truly odd... maybe had to do with group types? For the record, it was on the desert, on the territory of that rebel town in India (the southernmost one)
-Hoplites seem to have a too large mass... it's really strange to see them clash and intermingle, making casualty rates very very high (and even thrice as faster). They can literally push anything (although it's rather realistic), but it's ridiculous. Maybe it can be toned down? As well as their bonus against cav... it's amazingly fast how those numbers drop.
-Marines should get some kind of bonus, they seem rather useless... maybe they should get good stamina or better (and while on note, why do hoplites have really good stamina? they're even a lot better off than their lighter counterparts, even better than skirmishers!), or maybe the fast moving trait, so that they really have some purpose as light infantry.
-There are a lot of temples for the GCS (in the campaign where they're unified)... is there a way of reducing their amount? Like merging similar temples? (I know that morale boosting buildings, like Ares' temples in this case, don't actually work, so that one could be taken out)

Aside of that, great funs... time flew, quite literally. Want to try a campaign as Persia (against a unified Greece) and one as Macedon (with a separated Greece) and I'll go back to my unfinished jobs in other mods (bug reporting for ExRM and resource adding for TGW) :P
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 08:51:59 AM by debux »
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

START ANSWERING PHOENIXGUARD! POST AS MUCH AS YE DID IN YE OLD DAYS :D

comrade_general

Re: Weird stuffs
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 02:14:25 PM »
Thanks for the comments deebz. I'm glad you had fun even with these flaws. ;)

debux

Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 07:52:00 PM »
I did! I must say that in part I did miss fast paced battles, and being able to play around with whole stacks. Besides, I didn't expect you to make almost entirely new faction rosters, so it was fun to explore and see the new units. My only complaint is that there are no resources (making the map slightly bare), but there would be so many more stacks if there were...
(\__/)

comrade_general

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 01:45:03 AM »
Yes, well, putting that map together was work enough. ;)

So deebz, why don't you start a little modification of your own? :)

debux

Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 04:27:59 AM »
Mod of your mod or mod of vanilla? (like mod mod mod RTW, making my own mod?)
(\__/)

comrade_general

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 11:59:48 AM »
Mod of vanilla. ;)

debux

Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 11:45:15 PM »
Ah well... I plan on doing the stuff I said before (ExRM bug testing, or better said, missing-sprites finding, and resource adding to TGW's map, amongst a few other minimods). I also offered myself to help out ahowl with balancing his mod out. After those few incursions, I guess I might have enough experience to start my own mod (as a matter of fact, I already have most of it planned out, and the whole idea of what I want to do, like on skins, the map, building concepts, the units and their balancing). Probably (and hopefully!) I'll start around July, once I get my winter vacations (which will be heavanly!)
(\__/)

comrade_general

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 02:09:03 AM »
Well this is good news. I'm looking mightily forward to seeing what you have in mind. :)