Author Topic: Mount&Blade 2: Bannerlord  (Read 31727 times)

Marcus

• Devourer of Souls
  • Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • I think, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
    • http://exilian.co.uk/
    • Awards
Mount&Blade 2: Bannerlord
« on: October 28, 2012, 10:22:51 PM »
So, stupid subtitle aside, what hopes and dreams do we all have for M&B2? I'm personally hoping for a better looking world map, or maybe have it completely RPG style, with no world map, and better storytelling and quests. Oh, and an improved AI for both sides as well.

And of course, good modability so we can make it better when it fails our expectations. :)

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/09/28/its-finally-real-mount-blade-ii/
"So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste."

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Mount&Blade 2: Bannerlord
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 10:41:23 PM »
Better quests, better body meshes (no more weird separated heads and limbs), more fluid animations and killing moves with at least some gore (Skyrim style).
That's all I'm asking for.

I still play 1.011 version from time to time. All hail The Eagle and the Radiant Cross!

Never got Warband, though. Too much money for my pocket and too few changes.
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 10:43:00 PM »
I like the world map, I have to say... I'd like more depth generally, given the freeplay theory/style there was pretty much only one

Basically if they make Southern Realms, finished, with a graphics upgrade and a few new quests, I'd be a happy bunny.  :P
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 09:42:58 PM »
Quests, dialouges and other armadillo that gives some sense of immersion.

Skull

• Magister equitum
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • It is easier to criticize than to correct our past
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 09:25:02 AM »
More freedom.
More Quests (MUCH more quests)
A big invasion from a unknown faction after some time,so the game doesn't get boring (I noticed that one Khergit party member said that the Khergits were forced out of Calradia by "The Great Horde",so maybe the Great Horde can Invade Calradia?)
Story Quests (for example,if your dude is in Calradia because of money and power - make the goal of the story quest getting a lot of gold and renown)
Custom Battles
More interaction with your peasants
Players should not be able to get a ton of gold as fast as they did in the original
Weaker Cavalry
More stuff to do on a training field
1 or 2 new factions
Drunks in Taverns that give you quests or play games with you
Randomization - Random NPC's and quest foes,or maybe a random map mode?

And most importantly:
OPTIMIZATION
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 09:27:03 AM by Skull »
Skull, the one of poor grammar, the enemy of all Grammar Nazi and destroyer of all linguistic reasoning!

Dunadd

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 12:14:17 PM »
Would like improved AI . Would like playable campaigns in which you or your guild can take cities/castles from other players (or have them taken from you by them)

Would also like to see more of the chance to hit for players based on how they click and turn the mouse rather than skill rating - so real skill as a gamer, rather than just getting experience for your character, makes more of a difference.

Also make it suicide for horsemen to charge infantry armed with pole arms from the front unless they have e.g steel plate barding for their horses (which historically came pretty late on in the medieval period - i think late 15th century) - and even then it should be risky as halberds/braced pikes etc could go through steel plate from the horse's momentum or their own weight.

Reverse damage for momentum and mass - i.e if you're charging fast with a lance on a huge horse it adds to the damage you do, but also to the damage you take, especially from pole-arms.

Would like big changes to assaults on cities/towns so you can use rams, ramps, tunneling under walls etc rather than just everyone charging suicidally up one or two siege towers or ladders.

I'd like to see some magic in it and fantasy races, so it would have more potential for fantasy mods (allowing them be turned off for historical mods). I know the developers of M&B say they don't want to include magic, but i don't see why not - they're already essentially setting the game in a non-historical setting - and you could have options for turning magic and fantasy races off in the main game too.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 12:16:33 PM by Dunadd »

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 12:43:55 PM »
Reverse damage for momentum and mass - i.e if you're charging fast with a lance on a huge horse it adds to the damage you do, but also to the damage you take, especially from pole-arms.

Umm, that's already in.
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 02:31:31 PM »
Spear bracing should definitely be in, and shield bashing, and crouching as well as jumping, and much better formation fighting.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2012, 06:14:08 PM »
I was checking out Taleworlds forum and I found out that they're making this sequel from scratch...
That's right, they won't be using anything from the old games.

Makes me kind of worried.

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2012, 07:21:30 PM »
Not me, you see how Skyrim turned out when they stared that with a new engine.
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2012, 08:21:03 PM »
Yes, but we're talking about Taleworlds here, not about Bethesda game studios.

DeepComet5581

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Kitten with a Camera
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2012, 10:38:36 PM »
Taleworlds created the most unique and what was widely considered the best melee combat engine in gaming.

Bethesda took a tired, old idea and gave it a shiny coat of paint.

Mount & Blade, in a better Engine, with better quests, a better Endgame and more interaction, would be perfect. It doesn't need a complete overhaul. It's simplicity made it appealing - Hell, I am still playing Warband today. They found a good formula with M&B and made improvements on it with Warband, With Fire And Sword and Napoleonic Wars (Which, James, does have crouching).
I used to do actual stuff around here, don't you know?

I would be ever so grateful if you would visit my YouTube Channel :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsLjOCNLe0ECID84Y3nrEjQ

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2012, 10:52:26 PM »
I didn't think NW had both crouching and jumping, though I may be wrong? I haven't played it in any case, which I'm sure I should do.

I agree though, TaleWorlds have a fantastic track record for innovation.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2012, 11:28:48 PM »
Taleworlds created the most unique and what was widely considered the best melee combat engine in gaming.

I never said anything different.

Bethesda took a tired, old idea and gave it a shiny coat of paint.

I highly disagree.
TES games were always huge breakthroughs in gaming.
And the Elder scrolls universe has an obscene amount of genuinely interesting and original fluff behind it.

DeepComet5581

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Kitten with a Camera
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2012, 11:39:35 PM »
I believed all the hype for Skyrim.

I had even been playing Oblivion in frenetic preparation for what was going to be a "Wonderful, ground-breaking game".

I got bored after a week, even with mods.

I find the Gamer Poops on Youtube for Skyrim more exciting.
I used to do actual stuff around here, don't you know?

I would be ever so grateful if you would visit my YouTube Channel :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsLjOCNLe0ECID84Y3nrEjQ