Author Topic: Mount&Blade 2: Bannerlord  (Read 31730 times)

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Mount&Blade 2: Bannerlord
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2012, 12:06:38 AM »
It's seems to me that we're now talking about acquired tastes.  ;)

The thing is... You can't compare a generic-faction sandbox game to an adventure game which follows a certain storyline.

I still play Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim.
I've sniffed, scratched and pissed on every corner of Tamriel, Shivering Isles and Skyrim.
And I still come back after so much time...

I never got bored.

And I still play M&B 1.011 version.
I agree with you. The simplicity is what makes it so wonderful.
But I probably wouldn't be playing it now if I didn't get hooked up on The Eagle and the Radiant Cross mod because of it's community, artwork and fluff (sensing a pattern here). I need a gripping background storyline for immersion.
Warband wasn't even remotely interesting to me.
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Skull

• Magister equitum
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • It is easier to criticize than to correct our past
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2012, 07:52:57 PM »
I'd like to see some magic in it and fantasy races, so it would have more potential for fantasy mods (allowing them be turned off for historical mods). I know the developers of M&B say they don't want to include magic, but i don't see why not - they're already essentially setting the game in a non-historical setting - and you could have options for turning magic and fantasy races off in the main game too.

No dude,just no.
Skull, the one of poor grammar, the enemy of all Grammar Nazi and destroyer of all linguistic reasoning!

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2012, 08:04:51 PM »
I think that would be nice, actually. It would make modding easier.
And it's always nice to have options.

But they already have too much work if the fact that they're starting from scratch is true.
So I believe the setting won't be much different than the current native module, possibly even the same. 
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2012, 11:08:31 AM »
Spear bracing should definitely be in, and shield bashing, and crouching as well as jumping, and much better formation fighting.
Hell no to the first two, hell yes to the second.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2012, 01:08:33 PM »
Why?
Spear bracing and shield bashing are a must if you ask me.
Especially if you want realistic gameplay.

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2012, 06:34:29 AM »
Spear bracing sounds good but the shield bashing is a bit unneeded in my opinion.
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2012, 06:21:00 AM »
Meh, more options are always good. I'd like shield bashing, provided the mechanics allowed for different types of shield doing different damage.

After all, a targe will be far more painful than an old wooden round shield.

Spear bracing and crouching is needed and I'd also like to see AI jumping. Should make it harder to find places to stand and hit people from where they can't get you.
The Norbayne Campaign Instagram page. Give us a cheeky follow if you like. :)
By the power of Ga'haarr I command you to vanish! VANISH!
I CANNOT BE KILLED BUT WITH FIRE!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

Marcus

• Devourer of Souls
  • Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • I think, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
    • http://exilian.co.uk/
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2012, 03:58:15 PM »
Shield bashing would be good, especially since I enjoy playing infantry more than cavalry. Optimisation is a must, and if they're using a new engine, hopefully it will happen. Of course, the question is are they going for more of the same, or a complete reinvention? Hopefully a middle ground will be found.
"So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste."

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2012, 11:32:03 PM »
Leaked alpha footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIz_eiHIBd0

Quote from the developer:
Quote from: Ragnor
Funny thing is the part they shoot us i was just telling Kabraxis that i hoped that they weren't shooting us :).

. . .

edit2: right now, every character in the game is so ugly that we can't stop laughing while we are developing :). though i can't say any thing about it how it will be in the finished product.

And from what I see, characters have a huge amount of polygons. Especially on their faces.
Graphics are going to be really good in this one.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 11:34:28 PM by Silver Wolf »

Marcus

• Devourer of Souls
  • Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2012, 09:23:10 PM »
"So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste."

Skull

• Magister equitum
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2012, 04:08:12 PM »
Shield bashing would be good, especially since I enjoy playing infantry more than cavalry. Optimisation is a must, and if they're using a new engine, hopefully it will happen. Of course, the question is are they going for more of the same, or a complete reinvention? Hopefully a middle ground will be found.

My God yes.

Also,what about more skills and jobs?
How about giving us more options,not just limiting us to being a mercenary knight / lord.How about enabling us to be a,say,farmer,assassin,innkeeper,Arena Champion or a captain of the city guard?
Skull, the one of poor grammar, the enemy of all Grammar Nazi and destroyer of all linguistic reasoning!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2012, 04:57:26 PM »
As I say, basically they should have all the stuff I chucked into SR.  ;D
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Marcus

• Devourer of Souls
  • Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2012, 09:27:13 PM »
I think giving you too many paths would dilute the game somewhat, and you could end up with lots of options that aren't very well thought out, opposed to a few that are. Mount&Blade has always primarily been about combat, and I think it should stay that way. Any other path should be primarily combat oriented, so arena champion, assassin, captain of the guard etc. Would work, but farmer or innkeeper would divert the attention too much from the focus of the game, and we want them to make a good game, don't we? Besides, if it's as moddable as its ancestor, then we should be able to add that in ourselves. I think the worse mistake they could make is to remove moddability, as it is that which gives M&B the variety it has today.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2012, 09:34:32 PM »
M&B 2 will have even more modding options, according to Taleworlds.

Skull

• Magister equitum
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2012, 12:52:41 PM »
As I say, basically they should have all the stuff I chucked into SR.  ;D
What?  :-\
I think giving you too many paths would dilute the game somewhat, and you could end up with lots of options that aren't very well thought out, opposed to a few that are. Mount&Blade has always primarily been about combat, and I think it should stay that way. Any other path should be primarily combat oriented, so arena champion, assassin, captain of the guard etc. Would work, but farmer or innkeeper would divert the attention too much from the focus of the game, and we want them to make a good game, don't we? Besides, if it's as moddable as its ancestor, then we should be able to add that in ourselves. I think the worse mistake they could make is to remove moddability, as it is that which gives M&B the variety it has today.
Hmm...you have a point there.
But I think we should be given more interaction with the world(especially the people),and maybe some random quests...
Oh,yeah,and a ability to equip your own army.
M&B 2 will have even more modding options, according to Taleworlds.

Thank God.