Author Topic: Screenshot Thread  (Read 24233 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Screenshot Thread
« on: January 27, 2013, 08:44:15 PM »
SCREENSHOTS

This is where pretty pictures of the crap I'm building will appear.

CENTRAL CAMBRIDGE
With the Backs Alliance, the Entente, and the Sainsbury's pact facing off in their starting locations.

SOUTH CAMBRIDGE
St Cat's gives the Backs Alliance a southern foothold, but is it out on a limb between the South Cambridge Republicans at Pembroke and Corpus and the ever-watchful Western Treaty forces just over the river?

PORTERS
The break down of civilisation in its known form is no excuse for not looking smart. Hats, suits, and really mean looking glaives mark out the true elites.

SCIENTISTS
The porters and fellow overlook a mixed force of scientists in geeky t-shirts and the battle-ready Phys NatScis, goggles and lab coat donned and ready for war.

ARTISTS
...but a large, yapping mob of placard-wielding arts students with scarves and woolen coats is not to be taken on lightly. DOWN with this sort of thing!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Ezrael

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Screenshot Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 08:46:24 PM »
These are amazing. Which is the faction with the yellow-and-black eagle banner?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 08:48:29 PM »
Sainsbury's pact, though actually that banner really belongs to the Old Telmarine faction from Narnia TW, I started from Narnia rather than starting from "vanilla" RTW since it had more of the troops I initially wanted. I'll get re-done banners for all the factions at some point but that's not high on the priorities list at the moment.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 09:31:02 PM »
Just a quick question from the map screenshots, what do the cogs in the settlement summary represent? I've not seen them before.

Ezrael

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 09:38:42 PM »
Just a quick question from the map screenshots, what do the cogs in the settlement summary represent? I've not seen them before.

As I recall from RTW it means something is being built there, but I'll wait for Jubal to confirm

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 09:42:05 PM »

As I recall from RTW it means something is being built there, but I'll wait for Jubal to confirm

is that not the symbol to the right? The weird crossed-hammer thing.

Ezrael

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 09:47:39 PM »

You're right, silly me. I do remember it from something though...

Whorefinger

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 09:52:37 PM »

You're right, silly me. I do remember it from something though...

I believe it means that the settlement has no governor and is therefore being auto-managed.

Ezrael

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 09:54:12 PM »
That was it! You can tell how long its been since I last played RTW...

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 10:05:06 PM »
I believe it means that the settlement has no governor and is therefore being auto-managed.

Ah, that would be why I've not seen it, I allow control of non-governed settlements

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013, 10:07:22 PM »
Whilst testing I just set everything to automanage, I wouldn't do so if I was actually trying to play the game but the playtest is an altogether different beast.

Ezrael

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2013, 11:20:57 PM »
Just a  thought - with regards to the first map, shouldn't Sainsbury's be under the control of the Sainsbury's Pact at the beginning of the campaign, since holding it is their raison d'etre?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2013, 10:24:22 AM »
Not sure, I think I'll decide that based on game balance once more decisions on area bonuses have been taken.

Shabang

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 10:43:15 AM »
These are ace.

Are resources going to be added relative to college wealth, or are you going to try and make this a balance mod?

Not that resources would unbalance it against a good player/good faction, but still, worth considering

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2013, 12:09:08 PM »
It probably won't be very balanced, starting wealth is likely to be a factor, though everyone should have some advantages.