Author Topic: Activity-Starter: Help us out and win rewards!  (Read 17225 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Activity-Starter: Help us out and win rewards!
« on: March 02, 2013, 10:55:39 AM »

THE ACTIVITY-STARTER THREAD

Warhammer Total War: A Call To Arms will be one of the most expansive and most long-awaited fantasy mods ever created for a Total War game. That's a fairly impressive achievement, and we (obviously) want to tell people about it so as many people can enjoy this as possible. That's why we're trying this revolutionary new scheme, which I'm entitling an activity-starter; basically, all you have to do is tell people about us and you can gain rewards! The more people you get on here talking about this mod, the more rewards you can notch up.

THE RULES

Basically, all you need to do is to get new people on here looking at and talking about our stuff. In practice, what we'll do is ask you to get new members to sign in on this thread and say you've referred them here, and then we count how many people you've pulled in to get rewards (and of course those new people can then get their friends in and so on!) You get a free initial reward for signing up, as well, so everyone you pull in can get some kind of reward.  :)

THE REWARDS

Signing up: Name of your choice added to the names list for a certain faction so you could potentially get your hero in game!

5 new members: We'll send you a link to a preview release, so you get to enjoy the game early (though obviously you'll want to get the final thing when that comes out too since we'll have ironed out a few more kinks).

10 new members: Your name on one of the starting characters for your faction in campaign mode, so you'll definitely be able to play using your own hero.

20 new members: Design or give us a “historical” battle of your choice from the Warhammer World, and we’ll get it in there for you to play.

40 new members: A faction of your choice will get an additional “bonus” unit (you don’t get to choose which unit sadly, as in some cases it’ll take a lot of brain-scratching and innovative skinning work to find something we haven’t done!).

Once you are elegible for a reward, post here to claim it or PM me to do so. Please note that we will be checking IPs and hostnames, if there's one duplicate we may give you the benefit of the doubt but generally there should only be one member per IP address.

ACTIVITY-STARTER RECORDS

Referred members
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rewards available
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 08:39:07 PM by Jubal »
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Uri5595

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Activity-Starter: Help us out and win rewards!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 02:55:13 PM »
I was referred by Extradaemon.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 04:17:11 PM »
Thanks, added; you're both on the same IP, so that's been noted down - further people from the same IP won't count.

Welcome to Exilian, do post and take a look around  :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Extradaemon

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 04:28:59 PM »
you're both on the same IP, so that's been noted down - further people from the same IP won't count.

I'm sorry  :-[

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 04:42:17 PM »
No problem, it was an obvious thing to do really; I should've specified that specifically wasn't allowed for future reference, I'll let it go this time and let you have the 1pt reward (after all, you are the first person to use the system, so well done on that) but I'll keep it to one person per IP in future I think. I just happen to also be the site's root admin so I can check these things.  :P

Good to have you on board anyhow, welcome to Exilian and do stick around.  :D
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 04:51:27 PM by Jubal »

comrade_general

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 04:47:11 PM »
There's always the possibility of siblings using the same machine. lol

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 04:52:18 PM »
Yeah, but more than two on the same machine is unlikely.

comrade_general

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 05:03:03 PM »
Indeed. ;)

Lancaster

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 06:53:35 AM »
Wasn't referred by anyone specifially, but wanted to say that I found Jubal's post while googling for a WH mod for TW. So... does that mean Jubal gets a reward point?  :P

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 09:24:34 AM »
Just to get the ball rolling on this, I'll give you my reward, for referring yourself.  :P

(Also there's not a great deal of point me being allowed to add an extra name to the game as I wrote all the lists to start with!)

Hopit

• Necromancer student
  • RTW Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 04:28:17 PM »
What about me, one of your longest time supporters  :P

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2013, 04:31:10 PM »
OK, I'll change the rules so everyone gets the first reward for signing up to the scheme  :P

It would be nice to get a few more people on here though...

slayergr

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2013, 08:06:56 PM »
I got here and signed up by my own so do i get a cookie?hahaha I dont have any friends playing RTW but I know a pretty well known youtuber that might (I say might) help a bit

wotringe

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2013, 11:14:24 AM »
Bouyaka!!!
I also want cookies  ;D

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2013, 11:40:25 AM »
As it says in the first post, for signing up you get reward #1 (add a name of your choice into the generic names file, so you have a chance of that name turning up in game). Everyone gets that for signing in here, and then if someone's referred them the referrer gets an extra point on their tally.

So you can both now claim reward 1 :)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 11:42:15 AM by Jubal »