Author Topic: Jungian based typology test  (Read 7794 times)

Scarlet

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Jungian based typology test
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2013, 10:55:39 AM »
I can say I agree more with the score on that interpretation. It does make somewhat more sense now, though I'm not really sure about how one can test it. The category certainly seems more dubious than the others. Also.. the words don't really relate to the concepts.. but interesting nonetheless.
Psh. Sound mind is dull.

I can't say I'm surprised we're all coming up more or less the same. It's interesting where the variation is and also how people have changed over time. I would have liked to do this test before I came to university to see how it compares. We should all come back to it in 6 months or a year and do it again :P
like a bruise that would never go away, but she would cherish it for ever.

gellthîr i melethron nîn

nínim in menil

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2013, 10:59:53 AM »
I can't say I'm surprised we're all coming up more or less the same. It's interesting where the variation is and also how people have changed over time. I would have liked to do this test before I came to university to see how it compares. We should all come back to it in 6 months or a year and do it again :P

I agree.
We actually have one somewhere. I think we did it last year and had pretty much the same results. ;D
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 11:06:17 AM by Silver Wolf »
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2013, 11:23:37 AM »
I have pretty strong expressions on everything, never scored anything other than INTJ.  :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2013, 08:50:23 PM »
Thanks Will...Maybe you're mellowing? :P

Yeah I had a sneaking suspicion that there would be a fair few INT's whom are characteristically deep thinkers and the like. For J/P people are a lot harder to predict in my opinion as it doesn't necessarily have a direct influence on actions.

I take the test fairly often and end up with always a high introversion and intuitive score and actually although I scored INTJ on this one INTP both fits me a lot better and is how I usually score. I like the difference between INTJ and INTP, they are similar but INTJ have greater confidence and conviction giving them a distinct ability to act on the ideas they have while INTP are looking for more ways of doing things but not implementing them necessarily and proving things for the sake of truth and to persue logic to it's extreme.

The section in the article attached to INTP (Link on first page) I find most interesting though is where it says that INTPs feel strongly 'all or nothing'. I don't seem to feel strongly about much mostly it's nothing, but when I am passionate about something friends have commented that 'it's nice to see something alive in there after all'. I wouldn't have made this conclusion myself from the data so I think I'm missing something in the test (likely any formal training in psychology).
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2013, 10:38:10 PM »
Well, in terms of formal training, academic/professional psychologists don't tend to use Myers-Briggs at all in favour of other tests of personality. The Myers-Briggs test is massively common in management studies, business, and that sort of thing, but practically doesn't exist in the world of "real" psychologists.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2013, 12:48:53 AM »
For sure, just would help with interpretation. Relying on people for evidence and conclusion only gets you so far, I'd much rather know how the answers are derived myself.
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Will

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2013, 12:43:14 AM »
Thanks Will...Maybe you're mellowing? :P

Think I was just tired. :)

Othko97

• SotK Beta
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2013, 11:32:31 PM »
After taking quite a few different tests on different sites I have to say they describe them with an eerie accuracy.
I am Othko, He who fell from the highest of places, Lord of That Bit Between High Places and Low Places Through Which One Falls In Transit Between them!

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2013, 09:12:08 PM »
hehe sometimes they do get it right, better than paying for mystics on the TV :P