Author Topic: Application Thread - Community & Clerisy Admin  (Read 4711 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Application Thread - Community & Clerisy Admin
« on: July 09, 2013, 01:22:26 PM »
Application Thread - Community & Clerisy Admin

This thread is for applications to succeed our previous Community & Clerisy administrator, Phoenixguard09. We have chosen to open this up to external applications, in other words there are no prior requirements in terms of activity on Exilian or knowing the site in order to apply, so we can look for the best talent for this job from across the internet. Being a site admin is an exciting and interesting challenge that can give you respect and friends at the heart of this online community as well as potentially providing a range of experiences in leadership skills and teamworking. The C&C post is one of the most diverse on the site so the direction you will be able to take this in will be very much up to you!

Job Description:
  • The Community & Clerisy administrator is responsible for everything outside the modding and gaming and citizen areas - in other words debating, arts, e-learning, writing, offtopic chat, forum games/mafias/RPGs, RPG and tabletop gaming discussion, and the YouTube channel.
  • This is a wide-ranging and challenging portfolio, but the administrator is not expected to have strong interests in all areas of the job; we are mostly looking for someone who has particular ideas and abilities that will allow them to expand and strengthen particular parts of the community & clerisy sections, though paying attention to things that could be done in other parts of the C&C areas will be positively looked upon.
  • In particular, activity levels and bringing new projects, people, and expertise onto the site are key areas for development and an applicant willing to put the time in or who can bring projects with them will certainly be looked on more favourably.
  • Administrators get full administration rights for the site, and are expected to use them with care and consideration.
  • Becoming an administrator will give the successful candidate automatic Patricianship, a significant honour within the citizens' system, as well as a coloured name.
  • The new administrator may also choose to have either "Despot" or "Heteriarch" as their title.
  • The C&C administrator is also allowed to hand out 50 "Triumph Points" per month as a reward for active users in the C&C areas
  • The administrative post is semi-permanent; it is to be held until either the admin resigns or is removed via a Vote of No Confidence by the citizens.

Application Information:
  • Applicants should make one post in this thread to make their application.
  • Applicants should ideally post a paragraph or two about why they want the job, there will be a second thread in the Q&S area here that will allow citizens to ask supplementary questions and applicants are advised to try and answer these.
  • This thread will be open for applications for two weeks at least from the date of posting
  • Applicants are advised to remember that their application will be decided upon by citizens from across the site, and are therefore encouraged to be as active as possible and make useful contributions during the application process to strengthen their application
  • Processing applications will take a week after the end of the submission period.

Candidates:

Many thanks in advance for all your applications,

Jubal (Basileus and Megadux)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 01:26:15 PM by Jubal »
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Lady Grey

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Application Thread - Community & Clerisy Admin
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 04:09:57 PM »
I'd like to apply for this position because, although I have only just become a member here, I have experience in administrating an active page on Facebook. This I have been doing for the last 8 months and often, have been doing so singlehandedly. I appreciate that there are differences between being an admin on Facebook and being an admin on Exilian, but I also have ideas I'd like to add to the Community and Clerisy area of Exilian.

I'd like to create more threads, similar to the ASoIaF thread on fan theories, for other fandoms, (not necessarily fan theories as some fandoms I had in mind, for example LotR, are long finished). This could open Exilian up to more fantasy/sci-fi fans who aren't necessarily gamers. I'd like to add something like a book club in the Library area, as I've not seen one yet, (sorry if there's one already and I've missed it) where books and book series could be discussed and recommended in a similar way to the film reviews thread. I'd like to add threads to The Conservatoire on fandom related and inspired music (YouTube is full of inspired-by-fandoms music, a thread could be started on these for example). Also, if there was interest, a thread on analysing poetry/song lyrics?

comrade_general

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 05:33:53 PM »
Excellent! Welcome! :)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 11:59:47 PM »
Woop, candidate list increases by infinity percent!  :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...