Author Topic: A Song of Ice and Fire Fan Theories...  (Read 9614 times)

Lady Grey

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
A Song of Ice and Fire Fan Theories...
« on: July 13, 2013, 04:37:28 PM »
Fan Theories in the A Song of Ice and Fire Universe

THIS THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!  :P

Jon Snow's Parentage:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Syrio Forel/Jaqen H'ghar:

Thoughts, maybe? Any other theories that you like? :D

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: A Song of Ice and Fire Fan Theories...
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 04:53:45 PM »
Very sceptical about the Syrio theory, I think he's dead and gone. The Jon Snow theory seems extremely likely though.

There's all the debate about who is going to ride each of the three dragons. Dany/Tyrion/Jon seems a likely trio, though Aegon and Bran are both possibilities...

The "did Jeyne sneak away with Robb's baby" seems to have been put to rest by the TV version, that's the only other one I can think of for now.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 06:12:06 PM »
Well there's the question of who is Azor Azhai (or whatever) reborn, if anyone is.

Lady Grey

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 02:54:35 PM »
Yeah, the Syrio theory is more of a vain hope :P

I feel like Jon being a Targaryen (Rhaegar and Lyanna's son) is canon really... But it seems so obvious that it might turn out to be something totally different...

I hope the three heads of the dragon are Dany, Jon and Bran (by warging into one) :D

I'd kind of like Dany to turn out to be Azor Ahai reborn... She was born on Dragonstone, she could destroy the Others (with dragons) but, end of ADWD... I'm not sure entirely how it'll all work out for her :/

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 03:14:57 PM »
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Lady Grey

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 04:44:41 PM »
^ xD

What do we say to the Windows update?

Othko97

• SotK Beta
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 10:14:34 PM »
I like to think Syrio escaped, but isn't a Faceless man. I think he used his wits and guile to escape, taking a ship to Braavos, where he continues being the First Sword of Braavos!

I have to say, Jon is probably Rhaegar/Lyanna, and is a likely candidate for dragon riding xD
I am Othko, He who fell from the highest of places, Lord of That Bit Between High Places and Low Places Through Which One Falls In Transit Between them!

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 09:59:07 PM »
I thought Jon was now the same kind of beast as Coldhands? Though I've not quite got that far yet. I also assumed that Jon was Lyannas though I wouldn't be certain of Rhaegar being the father. Other possible but less likely candidate could be Tywin. Tywin because I interpreted from reading that he didn't hate the Starks and was at least respectful of Ned unlike others of his house, which I had though might be because of Brandon's actions but could also have been due to Lyanna. I know it's not the same thing and there is no real reason why but I like to think that it's possible
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2014, 04:19:33 PM »
Moved.

Gmd

• The one and only
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Quack
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2015, 09:29:27 PM »
Jon Snow’s parentage is considered fact by most and i always think GRRM might just change it for the sake of it as its almost considered fact at this point, but i would find it hard to take if it wasn't true. I love that this put him first in line for the throne in the Targaryen line, although it is now Stannis’ from right of conquest. I could see Stannis giving up the throne for Jon as he wouldn’t want him dead as Robert would of. But it would be hugely out of character for Jon to give up his nights watch vows to become king. Book spoilers here
The only surviving member of the tower of joy is now Howland Reed making him the only living person to know of Jon Snows true parentage, my theory is he will turn up soon and tell him.

I do not believe Syrio is Jaqen, but I believe Syrio is not dead and will return later in the series. Basically i believe he managed to knock Meryn Trant out then escape, Meryn would of said he killed him to Cersei who never states the dancing master died only that he interfered with Arya's capturing.

Now i agree with a different theory about jaqen which contains spoilers for AFFC and ADWD below

Also another theory i absolutely love is the Dornish master plan theory. Spoilers for all non book readers here.
Bunneh and I Rule this land in the name of Supreme Lord Krishna.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") 

Give me my green name back!!! I am always Logothetes

Ochilles

• There are no heroes... in life, the monsters win.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 12:58:35 AM »
Valar Morghulis.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2016, 12:30:56 PM »
Huh, that's a fairly good point. Though it begs the question of how resurrection is going to work here?

(Bear in mind I'm not keeping up with the TV series, so it may be ahead of the books on this one by now!)

Also, welcome to Exilian  :)

comrade_general

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2016, 02:33:54 PM »
The Lord of Light.

Gmd

• The one and only
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Quack
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2016, 10:55:52 PM »
Ye lord of light 100%. As Mel is there. Whether or not he accepts that this ends his vow to the nights watch will be interesting.
Bunneh and I Rule this land in the name of Supreme Lord Krishna.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") 

Give me my green name back!!! I am always Logothetes