Author Topic: Warhammer: Total War - A Call To Arms Release!  (Read 159010 times)

Dunadd

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Warhammer: Total War - A Call To Arms Release!
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2013, 03:26:11 AM »
Would Darth's or Sinuhet's battle AI mods for Rome Total War work along with Warhammer total war?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2013, 09:01:56 PM »
I have no idea, is the honest answer. I think one would just have to try it and see.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Lembocha

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2013, 04:08:36 PM »
Came here to congratulate devs on their great work! This is a MUCH more stable mod than the previous I tried. I had been waiting for this release with great anxiety and now I can't stop playing! Kudos!

Dunadd

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2013, 09:49:54 PM »
Jubal wrote
I have no idea, is the honest answer. I think one would just have to try it and see.

Darth's AI battle formations mod seems to work along with it and improve the AI in battles a bit. Haven't been able to try Sinuhet's as the download links are all dead and no-one seems to respond to requests to re-up them.

Javesh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2013, 07:34:59 PM »
Hi Jubal,
Just signed up so i could get this cool looking mod, but i'm having problems installing it. I'm at step 2 where i'm supposed to paste -mod:WHTW in the shortcut, but i get a msg where it say's it invalid. Am i doing something wrong? Guess i should mentions that i bought it off Steam, but i know you can run it outside of steam so that shouldnt be a problem...or?

Tried these:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Rome Total War Gold\RomeTW.exe"-mod:WHTW
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Rome Total War Gold\RomeTW.exe-mod:WHTW"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Rome Total War Gold\RomeTW.exe -mod:WHTW"

Appreciate any help i can get and thanks for an awesome mod!

Edit: Just tried "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Rome Total War Gold\RomeTW.exe" -mod:WHTW and i didnt get an invalid msg, but then an error msg pops up which say's "Failed to find Steam". Seems like i cant run it outside of steam then? Help  :P
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 07:40:46 PM by Javesh »

Son of the King

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • SotK
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2013, 07:43:05 PM »
Right-click on the game in Steam, click properties, then click set launch options. Then put the -mod:WHTW in the box that appears. That should work I think, if not you'll have to wait for Jubal.

Javesh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2013, 07:49:15 PM »
It's worked!!!!  ;D
Much love your way m8 :D

Jubal - Maybe add this in your description of how to install the game if your using Steam? :)

Son of the King

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • SotK
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2013, 07:50:21 PM »
Good :) . Welcome to Exilian btw!

Dunadd

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2013, 03:53:08 AM »
Like the final release a lot but i feel it could do with a few changes :
1) Skaven need magic user hero units as well as Stormvermin ones. They're meant to be led by Grey Seers who are powerful magic users. I was fighting them with Araby and i just massacre skaven in no time with Djinns as they have no casters of their own.
2) Lizardmen need powerful slann mages with temple guard bodyguards - good in melee and with a powerful ranged spell-casting attack
3) Lizardman Saurus and cold one rider units should have less soldiers in each unit, but they should have two hits to represent how tough they are

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2013, 01:20:53 PM »
I'd have had slann for certain if I had a model for them, but I don't. The saurus idea is interesting certainly.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

arafinwe

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2013, 11:56:12 AM »
hi guys,

great game, congrats, i played the previous version and loved it, but this one doesn't seem to work. My game runs and i can play custom games, but when i choose an imperial campaign and click start (Arrow), the game goes back to the screen where you can choose between imperial campaign and custom game. And i can't click imperial campaign again. When i go back and try again i just get the same problem. So it would be great if you could help.

thanks

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2013, 12:18:57 PM »
Did you remember to remove the previous version before putting the new one in? I'd firstly try deleting the mod's folder and re-installing.

arafinwe

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2013, 10:46:22 AM »
yes i did. i uninstalled rome, reinstalled it, installed the mod and it still gives the same problem.

comrade_general

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2013, 01:58:10 PM »
Unfortunately uninstalling Rome still probably leaves bits of mod folders laying around in the folder, so you need to go in and manually delete all that remains before reinstalling.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2013, 02:45:09 PM »
Yes, what CG said.

If that doesn't work I guess next step is try opening the shortcut, adding -show_err to the end of the command line, then see if an error message appears after you cause the error and close the game. If you can get one, post the error message here.  :)

But probably there were remaining files left when you uninstalled.