Author Topic: WHTW Swap  (Read 8421 times)

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: WHTW Swap
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2014, 03:11:45 PM »
How about a few screenshots for us who don't play, so we can see the progress of your campaign.?

Something like a short battle report. That would be fun. :)
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Tom

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2014, 10:27:01 PM »
Yeah, I've taken a few screenshots of a battle I just fought and hopefully it worked adi shshould be ale to write up a little bit, it was a very one sided battle though :) I really am a scrub at rtw and whtw so I may screw everything up, sorry :/

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2014, 11:47:01 PM »
I'm sure it'll be fine - practice makes perfect or something :P
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Tom

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2014, 07:47:23 AM »
Thanks for the reassurance, my section should be finished by tonight but no promises :)

Tom

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2014, 07:33:33 PM »
So, my twenty turns is up, here is a brief account of what went on.

As the lands of the desert seemed quite passive, I made the decision to push northwards towards a rebel town on a peninsula. I built up a mighty fleet and transported the majority of the army from Kenehara towards this town. This took several turns on it's own as it was quite a distance. As this was occurring I was trying to improve income and public order in all of the settlements we owned, however, several towns decided they wanted to carry on spending more than they earned but luckily our profits were assured by our new provinces in the desert. At the same time several small rebel forces, mostly undead, were hanging around our towns looking very shifty, I decided to ignore them, after all why would rebels attack a small, not very well defended town like Kul Rullak?

Our great army sailed northwards towards our objective, fighting off hordes of pirates on the way without any losses. At this point in time, the upstart rebels near Kul Rullak decided to lay siege to the town which had a garrison of 120 faralla guards (is that what they're called?) and 135 or so clansmen. I immediately started to raise an army in our homelands, a small one mind you, to fight off the rebels if necessary and I sent the transport ships on the shore of Kul Rullak to pick up these reinforcements. I negotiated several trade agreements and map information deals with many empires then mostly forgot about our diplomats at this point. I did note however that the Tomb Kings were very hostile and were mustering several armies and the Vampire Counts swore to get revenge on us for something I did not know about.

As my newly raised army was sailing swiftly to relieve Kul Rullak the enemy attacked. I will spare you the boring details but we destroyed the undead horde, not leaving a single one alive for only 36 losses. The great army landed in the northern lands and immediately came upon a large rebel army, larger than our own force, when they were moving towards the town. I bought some more buildings and stuff here as well, trying in vain to build up some savings whilst trying to keep everyone happy.

The great army was attacked by the rebel army and we set up on a hill with our cavalry and ogres on our left flank and our reserves on our right flank. The enemy was arrayed in a similar fashion but with over 500 cavalrymen all on our right flank. I forced them to march to meet us on the rise and bombarded them with missiles, felling dozens, then in one fateful charge my entire centre routed all of their infantry, joined in a flank charge by my ogres and cavalry to finish the job. My reserves charged their cavalry which seemed to throw them off their game and proceeded to hack down almost all of them. By the time my centre had wheeled around to join in the battle was over. Over 1500 kills for me and only 150 or so for the enemy, a great victory. :)

In the next few turns I besieged the rebel settlement, starving them to death before razing the city for their rebellion. (I was in a bad mood) I also sent my newly raised army northwards through the pass to reinforce our fellows in the desert. A few more turns went by with just boring building and maintaining and little to no action. Just as my small army was about to engage some rebels a lizardmen army appeared, as if from nowhere, from the south. They too besieged Kul Rullak, again defended by a pitiful garrison of some eastern archers, some clansmen and faralla guard. I immediately moved the smaller army back southwards and started to raise a new one on our homelands.

A couple of turns later and I was nearly ready to ship my new army to Kul Rullak and join the other force waiting patiently to the north. However, in a sour turn of events my small mainland army was attacked by the same lizardman army. With only two units of eastern bowmen and two units of clansmen we felled hundred of the enemy only for our army to break in a close defeat. Now, the pressure is on to retake Kul Rullak and the army of the islands must make haste to our fallen settlement.

I also sent a fleet over to the rebel town to pick up our large army which was doing nothing because I didn't know what to attack with it to bring it back to the desert kingdoms as I feared that the Tomb Kings would attack soon.

That's about it really, I need to garrison my towns better although I must admit I had no idea there was anyone south of me, stupid I know, and build some watchtowers to warn of enemy movements. I think I did alright overall, just the two defeats overshadowed my victories on the battlefield. Whenever I lost though, I made them pay dearly for it.

And sorry no screenies, I screwed that up, I'm thinking of recording the battles next time and posting them on youtube for ease. :)

Who should I send the save to?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 07:24:30 PM by Tom »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2014, 09:19:25 PM »
Unless anyone else appears (Rob maybe?) and wants a shot, CG probably?  :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Tom

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2014, 08:28:55 AM »
Well CG is currently doing the rtw vanilla one so maybe someone else unless CG finishes soonish, I don't want to give him too much to do.

Tom

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2014, 10:39:39 AM »
Anyone willing to take a turn?