Author Topic: The Endtimes campaign  (Read 12357 times)

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The Endtimes campaign
« on: August 20, 2014, 08:05:06 PM »
Hey, I'm not a 40K person only, I can also give some info for WFB from time to time!

What the background in the WD tell us:
- I hope you didn't like Kislev, because there is no longer a Kislev.
- Archaon advance have been stalled by Vlad under the order of Nagash (the Empire was in major trouble).
- Nagash goes fighting to unite the Tomb Kings and VC (one of the scenario pictured in WD translate into "the Fall of Settra").

Regarding miniatures/rules:
- Nagash is magnificent, and very very tall thanks to his flying posture (he is supported by a bunch of souls).
- But he's not that massive overall, I have no idea how he managed to reach the 85€ pricetag.
- Not a dual kit.
- No other models that week, but the ones serving under him are hinted at the end of WD for the week after (so I suppose Vlad and that Arkhan dude, note that I know the WFB lore very poorly).
- As people expected, the new magic lore appear to work like Demonology for 40k (except with undead).
- Rules are changing with that extension, 50% lords for example.

Ok ladies and gents this is what I have heard.

The end times will be coming after grey knights which means they will be going up for pre order 23rd, there will be Nagash, Nagash end times campaign book, plastic spirit host, Mannfred and nightgheist / Arkhan the black / Neferata on some undead monster plastic kit.

There will be a battle report in WD, Nagash vs Tomb kings army, Nagash fights them on his own. He is very expensive.
He can be taken in any undead army. Undead are running rampant through the warhammer world and because of this undead units can be taken in any army.

Enjoy.

And new models:
http://smallscalestudios.com/end-nigh-nagash/
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Endtimes campaign
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 08:24:54 PM »
Also KEEP YOUR PORTUGALLING HANDS OFF MY BELOVED KISLEV GAMES WORKSHOP. OR THERE WILL BE A RECKONING. :balrog:

As for the models, Mannfred has lost all the Hammer Horror cool which used to be his trademark. Not a fan.
Neferata I agree should get her serpents back and lost the stupid, stupid hat.

Ugh. Just urgh.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 08:27:07 PM »
So here are my thoughts...

Is this even Warhammer, or did I click the wrong link?

Nagash looks somewhat acceptable.
Spirit hosts look like dryads. Too bad. The possibilities for these guys were endless. Right now they just look like simple conversions.

The rest just feels wrong. Looks detailed and all, but feels wrong.
The mounts are just over the top and silly.
Neferata looks like a love child of a Dark eldar wearing a vampire skirt and sporting an extra silly hat. Also the serpent from her staff is gone (which was mentioned in the books), so that's a huge fluff mistake. Mounted on a big something which appears to be an out of place mix of everything.
Arkhan the Black took a part time job as a Yu-gi-oh! villain apparently. His chariot magically turned into a floating skull thing (ohhh, scary) due to budget cuts.
Mannfred model looks kind of clunky, but acceptable. His mount looks like a 40k transformer Digimon.
Morghasts? I don't even know where to start. Could be a good thing for 40k chaos players, though. Could be a nice base for the Night Lords Daemon prince.

I hate the new anime style.
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 01:44:06 AM »
There are also some rumors for 3 Nurgle kits later on (supposedly for WoC, not the Daemons).
Chaos chosen were also mentioned.

Tomb King colossus and hierotitan may also be happening soon, as well as some Skaven models.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 11:21:20 AM »
Also, some terrain pieces shown in Triumph and treachery:

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 11:26:07 AM »
Heirotitan.

Just let that sit in your mind for a moment, mull it a bit, and say it again.

Heirotitan.

WHO THOUGHT THESE THINGS WERE A GOOD IDEA

*breaks down sobbing*
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 09:41:28 AM »
If GW manage to turn me off the Warhammer setting from a fluff perspective, (They've already succeeded from a gaming perspective and from a miniature collecting perspective. I still loathe 8th ed and everything it stands for.) well, I just don't know.

But it's looking that way... KISLEV! I wanted them back as a playable army, not to go the way of the Squats!

Let's go through the models. Before I do this, I might just add that I have been scathing in my reviews of GW miniatures since I saw the new Imperial gryphons. Let us begin.

Nagash looks... Impressive I guess. Can't complain too much there.

Spirit Hosts finally get models and, well, again, not too bad. I actually don't mind them. And of course there's nothing to stop you from still doing what most everyone else did before there were plastic models for them and take cheap units from other armies and paint them white.

Morghasts.... Seriously? What in the holy flying portugal are they supposed to be!? Forged from the ruins of divine warriors? So they're constructs? But made from dead... angels? What?

Mannfred. Agreed with Silver on the mount. Looks stupid.

As to Neferata and Arkhan, well at least they get models. :rolleyes:

I think the worst thing about these models is the weird armour plating on them. They look mechanical and they really shouldn't. :(

The Norbayne Campaign Instagram page. Give us a cheeky follow if you like. :)
By the power of Ga'haarr I command you to vanish! VANISH!
I CANNOT BE KILLED BUT WITH FIRE!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 09:47:02 AM »
Actually I was always hoping that the spirit host get models similar to this in design:

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 11:14:10 PM »
Mannfred has some really naughty special rule that allows him to exchange up to three power dice from his magic reserve for attacks. I.e. if he wants he can 'sacrifice' three dice and get +3 attacks until the next turn (bypassing the "no more than 10" rule, getting 12 attacks).
Valten is back (he can be fielded either as anonymous blacksmith's son with rags and two hammers, either as the Avatar of Sigmar with his full armor, barded warhorse and Ghal Maraz).
Crom the Conqueror also back.
As predicted, new armylist (basically TK + VC combined).
Nagash literally tore Settra apart.
Arkhan kills Eltharion when he tries to rescue the elf princess.
Thorek dies when he destroys some cave trying to slay Neferata.
Morgana (Fay Enchantress) dies too.
Balthazar Gelt becomes a Necromancer
Vlad is back. He helps Empire against Chaos and also against Walach Harkon (whom he slays).
Karl Franz ends up missing in action.
Luthor Harkon (the vampire pirate, he had his own rules and army in a WD like 10 years ago) joins Nagash in Khemri. Great battle before the city gates. Khalida beats Neferata but Neferata flees.

THE LORE OF UNDEATH
Lore attribute - when castin an incatation (new type of spells for this lore), each counter used gives you +10pts for the total amount you can raise.

Signature spell - 9+ to cast; raise 100pts of infantry (Nagash triple that). Boosted on 16+ for 150pts.

Spell 1 - 6+ to cast; Heal 1d3+1 wounds to the target.

Spell 2 - 7+ to cast; Hard to read, but it's something that give a single attacks that if it hit, is multi-wound D6 with no save. If this kill a character, you gain D6counter for the lore attribute.

Spell 3 - 8+ to cast; 2D6 +2 minus the target Ld to cause wounds with no armour. If you do at least one wound, you get D3 counter for the lore attribute.

Spell 4 - 10+ to cast; Summon a unit of Warbeast or Swarm of up to 75pts. Boosted at 16 +, raise 150pts.

Spell 5 - 10+ to cast; Summon a Character of up to 65pts. Boosted on 24+, can then summon a Monster, Chariot (singular) or War Machine of up to 200pts.

Spell 6 - 16+ to cast; Summon Cavalry, Monstrous Cavalry or Chariots (plural) of up to 150pts.

Also, the book costs £50, and Nagash £65.

If other releases turn out to be like this, I'm getting out of this hobby.
That kind of money is too much for a single miniature, regardless of it's point cost in game.
He looks pretty damn huge though:

And here's something about Valten:
Valten can be included in an Empire army. His point cost counts towards the Lords category. 

Equipment;
Two hand weapons.

Options: can replace his two hand weapons for full plate armour, barded Warhorse and Ghal Maraz 145 pts.

If this option is chosen, Karl Franz cannot exchange his Reikland Runefang for Ghal Maraz. The rules for full plate armour and Ghal maraz can be found on page 31 and 54 of the Empire Army Book.

Special rules:
Immune to Psychology.

Chosen of Sigmar [same as Luthor Huss: see Empire AB. FvS]

Awesome Presence
Valten and all friendly units within 6” have the Stubborn special rule.

Iron Resolve
The first time that Valten suffers a Wound that would remove him as a casualty (including unsaved Wounds which would have killed him as a result of the special rules Killing Blow, Heroic Killing Blow or Multiple Wounds), roll 2D6, before removing him as a casualty. If the result is 9 or less, Valten ignores the Wound. With any other result, Valten is removed as casualty as normal.

If these rumors are to be trusted, it seems like Valten lost his über form seen in Storm of Chaos, in which he had a special elven steed and a magical suit of dwarf plate armor forged for Sigmar himself in the early days.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 12:57:17 AM by Silver Wolf »

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 11:33:09 AM »
Deciphered rules (not translated, as I know nothing about Spanish :))

Morghast Harbinger; Unit size 2+, two hand weapons, heavy armour. Hover and killing blow. Friendly undead units within 12 inches crumble by one less.

Morghast Archai; Unit size 2+, Halberd, Full plate (4+ armor). Hover and Killing Blow. Same crumble thing as the Harbinger.

Arkhan the Black; Level 4 wizard, access to Lore of Death and Lore of Undeath and can mix them. If he inflict at least a wound during CC, roll a dice. On 6+ he regain a wound. Crumble one less than normal (can be combined with other modifier). Also he can march. Arkhan double the number of points raise with the Lore of Undeath.

Magic item - Sword; Eachj wound cause heal him by one, maximum of 4 regained wound per phase.

Staff; Can store magic dice. Doesn't seems to talk about a limit.

Neferata; Level 3 wizard, access to Death, Shadow, Vampire, Undeath, and can mix and match. Can regain a wound on 6+ like Arkhan. If she kill a model in challenge, you get a free Vampire that you place within 12 inces. Enemy are at -1 to hit her, except for Khalida.

Magic item - Sword; If she wound in challenge, the enemy loos 1S, 1T and 1A permanatly. But can only be affected once.

Staff; When Neferata cast a magic missile, a direct damage or an hex, the target suffer an additional D3 S5 hit.

Mannfred; Level 4 wizard, access to Death, Vampire and Undeath and can mix and match. Can use up to 3 magic dice to get +1 attack per dice (can go beyond the maximum of 10). Also have the ability to heal a wound on a 6+.

Have the MAter of the Black Arts power. Also he double the range of the Lore of Undeath.

Magic item - Sword; Each unsaved wound gives him a magic dice. Maximum of 5 dice can be gained with it per phase.

Armor; Heavy Armor with +2 wounds (already in profile).

The Return of Nagash is up on Black Library for advance order and there is a sample up too. The sample's prologue sets up a lot of the End of Times world so I thought I'd share that with you here. The framing is Manfred scrying in a bowl of blood and looking around the world. These are the main things he sees in order;

-A twin tailed comet
-A "storm of chaos" sweeping the world; random deamonic manifestations are popping up all over the world. All small and lasting only a short time.
-Valkia is leading a huge Khornate army against Naggarond
-Massive daemonic incursion in Lustria. The jungles burn.
-Huge daemonic invasion of Ulthuan.
-In Brettonia Mallobaude, the bastard son of Leoncouer, leads a joint army of disgraced knights and the undead (backed up by Arkhan of all people) kills his father.
-Deamonic invasions of the dwarf hold Copper mountain and Neferata's Silver Pinnacle, but the deamons just pop out of existance half way through the battles.
-Massive Nurgle-y plague in Middenheim
-In Athel Loren the Vaults of Winter break open and the great trees, including the Oak of Ages, split open to reveal they are filled with maggots.
-Gotrek chopping up beastmen in some Kislevite city. No sign of Felix.
-Another daemon invasion in Averland. This one too, just disappears as soon as it hits the walls of Averheim.
-Massive stone monoliths, big as skyscrapers grow out of the ground around the world. Become focal points for beastmen to flock to them.
-Riots in Nuln. Nobles attacked and either hanged or torn apart. Implied death of the Countess.
-The Tsarina is still alive in Kislev leading a counter-attack against Chaos horde.
-The Green Knight takes off his helmet and is revealed as Giles le Breton returned (later in the sample it says he killed Mallobaude).
-A multi-province Empire army defeats a Chaos army lead by Vilitch the Curseling as he besieges them.
-Chaos hoarde attacking the Great Bastion.
-Tomb Kings, Dwarfs, Greenskins and Orges all readying for war and Skaven launching large scale invasion on Tilea and Estalia, quite successfully.
-At the north pole 4 impossibly gigantic deamon armies are forming. 4 Exalted daemons bow to Archaon.

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 03:32:55 PM »
Actually I was always hoping that the spirit host get models similar to this in design

Homm5 or 6! Great games, accents for the pseudo Japanese Naga were beyond awful though :P
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2014, 08:39:24 PM »
Endtimes will have 4 Books;
Book 1 will release Late August
Book 2 with Chaos releases in October.
Book 3 with Skaven releases in January.
Book 4 with other Forces releases in March.

Shortly after this WFB 9th Edition arrives. The Rulebook releases at the same time of year as 40k 7th did in 2014.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2014, 08:14:18 PM »
So they're killing off like half the special characters in Warhammer? Wut?

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2014, 06:10:41 AM »
I don't like half of them anyway. :P

No, in all seriousness, this is too much. I understand moving the timeline forward, I'm all for it, but this is ridiculous.
The Norbayne Campaign Instagram page. Give us a cheeky follow if you like. :)
By the power of Ga'haarr I command you to vanish! VANISH!
I CANNOT BE KILLED BUT WITH FIRE!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2014, 10:21:45 PM »
Me neither.

I just don't understand all the hype.