Author Topic: Tattoos  (Read 7347 times)

Lizard

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Tattoos
« on: August 21, 2014, 07:09:20 PM »
So, TATTOOS.

Who's got 'em, who wants 'em, and what have you got?

Bonus points for anyone with Exilian tattoos :P

I'll take the liberty of starting; "Do it with thy might" across my right collarbone, the square/circle from the Vitruvian Man on  my right ankle, and getting the "Stars; hide your fires" quote from Macbeth on my ribcage tomorrow!
A coder, a hoodie, a coffee pot, a robot.

"A ship in port is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."

Gen_Glory

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Tattoos
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 09:13:16 PM »
Too much of a wuss for one and even then I don't think I could pick one that I wouldn't regret later
Tis but a scratch...

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 09:54:39 PM »
I planned a few. Four to be exact.

But I probably won't be doing any since I tend to change my mind too often and I know I'd end up not liking them after a while.
And the second problem is that I live in a very backward country in which even the smallest of tattoos are immediately connected to drug abuse, prostitution and/or life of crime.

Anyways these were my inspirations:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Gen_Glory

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 09:59:30 PM »
Oooo the inscription on the one ring would make a good tattoo

That's a shame such stigma is attached to tattoos where you are from (croatia right?)

There was a story on BBC a few days back about a possible change in employment law that would make discrimination against a tattooed person illegal

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-28758900
Tis but a scratch...

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 10:49:04 PM »
That's a shame such stigma is attached to tattoos where you are from (croatia right?)

Yes.

There was a story on BBC a few days back about a possible change in employment law that would make discrimination against a tattooed person illegal

Well, they can still cover it up by telling you that you didn't satisfy some other, imaginary criteria.
And there isn't much you can do about it really.
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 09:30:48 AM »
I've wanted either a wolf's head or a triskelion on my shoulder blade for ages now. As soon as I have the money so I've got it for football next year. ;)
The Norbayne Campaign Instagram page. Give us a cheeky follow if you like. :)
By the power of Ga'haarr I command you to vanish! VANISH!
I CANNOT BE KILLED BUT WITH FIRE!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 10:55:37 AM »
I sometimes think some of Vesalius' drawings would be cool to have as a tattoo, but that would be incredibly morbid looking I suppose. And it would probably put off a large number of the lady folk.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 07:46:11 PM »
Tattoos give me the heeby-jeebies. :(

I had a phobia when I was little of having my skin pierced or marked and I'd still not be able to get a tattoo at all, the thought of it makes me feel really queasy (it's not the needles which I think are most people's issue, it's the thought of having marks on my skin that wouldn't come off).

On other people I'm happy to accept that tattoos can look kinda cool - though I still wouldn't want to think about them too much. I'm fine with other people having them generally, but definitely a no-no for me (and would probably be a dealbreaker in a relationship).
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2014, 11:03:31 AM »
None for me, ever, as far as I can see.
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2014, 09:10:19 PM »
I'd probably say a no for me, but only because of the fact it's always there. In some situations I can think of a few things that would look pretty good, but they'd just seem silly most of the time.

Plus stabby stabby needle doesn't appeal

Flamekebab

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2014, 07:03:05 PM »
Perhaps I'm a bit ignorant on this subject but I'd be far more inclined to get tattoos if they'd only last about five years or so. Most of the things I'd like would probably bore me after that.

I've considered getting UV flames down my arms before but I just don't feel I can justify anything that permanent.

Othko97

• SotK Beta
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2014, 09:51:32 PM »
Yeah, I feel somewhat similarly on the topic. One: I don't like pain, two: I'm not the hugest fan of having a permanent mark on my skin. That said I can see the appeal and I can respect that they look good and everything, just so long as they are on other people. :P
I am Othko, He who fell from the highest of places, Lord of That Bit Between High Places and Low Places Through Which One Falls In Transit Between them!