Author Topic: Gamespy  (Read 2670 times)

Othko97

• SotK Beta
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
    • Awards
Gamespy
« on: September 02, 2014, 09:37:15 AM »
So, Gamespy is gone now, leaving any game which used its servers unplayable online. Does anyone have any alternative ways to play with friends or even just generally online? Obviously there's port forwarding and having a LAN party, but these can be a right pain to do :P
I am Othko, He who fell from the highest of places, Lord of That Bit Between High Places and Low Places Through Which One Falls In Transit Between them!

Tom

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Gamespy
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 10:59:34 AM »
If you're on about Rome and Medieval Two you can enter your CD key on steam to get steam copies which you can still play online with. If not then I'm not really sure.

Othko97

• SotK Beta
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 11:13:07 AM »
I didn't know that, thanks. I've been looking this up and apparently there is a client called Gameranger which lets you do it somehow.
I am Othko, He who fell from the highest of places, Lord of That Bit Between High Places and Low Places Through Which One Falls In Transit Between them!

Tom

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 11:49:53 AM »
Yeah, I wouldn't bother if it's just the total wars, just get the steam copies for free :)

Son of the King

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • SotK
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 11:33:51 AM »
Fun fact, if you redeem a "Gold Edition 2" (Vanilla + Alex) then you get the standard Gold Edition (Vanilla + BI).