Author Topic: Recent constitutional changes, and a new staffer!  (Read 2349 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Recent constitutional changes, and a new staffer!
« on: November 07, 2014, 01:13:12 AM »
Hello all!

It is with great pleasure that I can announce some major chances to Exilian's constitution, which will greatly affect how the site is run.

Firstly, the constitution has changed. There is now provision for a fully working finance system, run by a new official post (on which more later), and with the citizens and tribounoi having various powers to oversee what's going on. This should help free Exilian up from issues over who pays for what/whose turn it is and allow anyone who wants to to contribute to keeping this place going. There have been other major changes made to the constitution around election procedure and different types of staff, clarifying how the regularly and irregularly elected staff are given their roles and adding a number of other clarifications.

As always, you can refer to the constitution here: http://www.exilian.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=241.0

Secondly, as a result of these changes a new staff post has been added as a permanent administrator to oversee the Exilian's finances. This official is the Sakellarios, and I can now officially announce that Glaurung has become the first person to be ratified in this new role! Glaurung will be opening an Exilian bank account for the first time, which will allow us to be given donations to help keep the site running, advertise what we do, and also potentially feed into events such as future conventions.

I'm really hoping that we can make best use of this - Exilian is almost unique in the level of freedom and democratic accountability we have for our staff and members, and this will give us a lot of new options for what we can do as a community. If anyone has any questions, as always please ask here or in the Q&S forum.

Thanks all,

Jubal (Megadux)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...