Author Topic: What have you been eating?  (Read 88555 times)

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
Re: What have you been eating?
« Reply #315 on: April 11, 2017, 08:12:45 AM »
If you can get my access to the forum CSS I can add it in pretty easily. I do webdev consulting on the side.
Check out my upcoming Indie Game Karaski:What Goes Up... - You're one of five suspects of a sabotage onboard a 1920s Slavic Airship. Find the culprit or confess your crime in an open-ended, detective adventure game.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #316 on: April 14, 2017, 11:45:52 PM »
If you can get my access to the forum CSS I can add it in pretty easily. I do webdev consulting on the side.
That sounds great - I'll drop you a message about it soon :)

EDIT - dropped you a PM.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 12:03:52 AM by Jubal »
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
« Reply #317 on: May 25, 2017, 07:27:38 PM »
Revisiting my home-country. Obligatory "Bar Mleczny" feast. All this for under $15 ;D

Check out my upcoming Indie Game Karaski:What Goes Up... - You're one of five suspects of a sabotage onboard a 1920s Slavic Airship. Find the culprit or confess your crime in an open-ended, detective adventure game.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #318 on: May 25, 2017, 07:43:30 PM »
Ooh, lovely - and yes, that seems very good value! Your home country being Poland, right? :)

And what are the various dumpling-like things? It all looks very edible but I wouldn't know what most of the items were...

Also, woops, should move this thread to somewhere accessible now the Food forum has been archived.
Moved to the Boozer.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
« Reply #319 on: May 26, 2017, 11:25:22 AM »
From left to right it's:
* Pierogi Ruskie (with cheese and potato)
* Kapusniak (cabbage soup)
* Salatka (red cabbage salad)
* Pierogi z kapusta i grzybami (sauerkraut and mushroom)
* Plate of potatoes, fried beets. salad and "schabowy" (polish pork cutlet)
* Far right: leniwe (potato dumplings in sweet sauce)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #320 on: May 26, 2017, 01:16:53 PM »
Awesomes :)

(What do you think of the board reorganisation btw now it's done? It doesn't go quite as far as some of your ideas, but it's very significantly reduced the scale of the main index and we've archived quite a lot of subforums)

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
« Reply #321 on: June 20, 2017, 02:34:44 AM »
I've been doing a little vegetarian experiment mostly not eating any meat. I've been trying all the vegan faux meat products and they're surprisingly good.

The lightlife Italian sausage was damn good, the tofurkey deli slices pretty good too. the morning star breakfast patties are good too, but they're more like falafel haha. None of it really tastes like meat, but the flavor is good on its own and the lightlife texture was pretty close

I could see myself eating more of this stuff in lieu of meat but... I donno, I'm not entirely convinced an industry produced reconstructed soy product with 30 other additives is really healthier than antibiotic infused chicken

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #322 on: June 20, 2017, 12:40:15 PM »
Yeah, I think the main reason if I went vegetarian (which I probably won't) would be wider environmental impact rather than personal health, stop quite so much rainforest being mowed down to farm cows and so on. I am quite interested by some of these new pseudomeat products, and the possibility of actually lab-growing meat, though; could well be that in a few decades animal farming will be a much more minority activity.

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
« Reply #323 on: June 20, 2017, 11:18:16 PM »
I've heard that creating all the faux meat substitutes isn't necessarily environmentally friendly either, but I don't have any good studies to cite.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #324 on: June 20, 2017, 11:22:17 PM »
Aye, I can imagine that some of them aren't. Always hard to know with these things!

sneax

• nike is the goddess of J.U.S.T.I.C.E.
    • View Profile
    • http://sneakerstudio.co.uk
    • Awards
« Reply #325 on: February 09, 2018, 08:54:45 PM »
Hi there!

I'm always into eating, so right after registering I'm into eating thread.

Well I moved some time ago, so I'm eating palermitano, general armadillo.
prezzo speciale is a white bun with filling, i'm vege, so beschamel, spinaci and mozzarella

pizza - margherita or marinara.

and my skin is dying.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #326 on: February 10, 2018, 07:26:14 PM »
Eating is always good :)

I'm being really unimaginative with food lately... I should get back to teaching myself more Caucasus recipes, but I'm finding myself struggling with most things as I'm really exhausted a lot of the time :(

Caradìlis

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #327 on: February 10, 2018, 07:57:54 PM »
I'm trying to cook more recently, a) because I find it a fun and relaxing activity and b) because it means I actually have to eat the stuff I cooked... :)

I don't really do recipies (unless I'm baking or stuff), it's more of an experimentation, but things usually turn out fine... :)

I made steamed carrots with parsil and a smidge of butter today, was nice...
"Those who don't beieve in magic will never find it." - Roald Dahl

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #328 on: February 11, 2018, 03:56:15 PM »
I've been eating weirdly the last week or so, I've been tired all the time for as long as I can really remember and apparently this is a common symptom of autoimmune diseases (although this is just mental fatigue for me, I've never had an physical symptoms apart from mild skin conditions). Since my mum was diagnosed as gluten intolerant (actually I think she was originally misdiagnosed as full celiac) for seven years I thought perhaps I might have celiac. And gluten free diets have been shown to alleviate symptoms in other autoimmune disorders. So going gluten free seems worth trying (although I'm going to have to start eating gluten again soon so I can get an accurate test for celiac).
Now a gluten free diet alone is not that weird. But since it seems a lot of folk have had success dealing with chronic fatigue, depression etc by using elimination diets I thought I'd give it a go. So basically my diet for the last week has consisted of a fairly limited variety of veg, a portugal load of meat, bit of rice and some fruit smoothie. Except for the entire bar of chocolate I ate today because I'm coldly and armadillo.
What am I doing?
Why?
Eurgh.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #329 on: February 13, 2018, 11:18:41 PM »
Today, two Shrove Tuesday traditions: my pancake, and an Austrian "krapfen" - an apricot jam doughnut - which are the usual food for the day here :)