Author Topic: A few scene editing questions  (Read 7659 times)

Son of the King

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • SotK
    • Awards
A few scene editing questions
« on: January 26, 2009, 12:56:47 AM »
I have gotten the hang of edit mode now I think, but there are a few things I still want to know. Firstly, is it possible to add new places for passages to link to, like they do to enter the Tavern, Castle etc.? As in can I make a door lead to another part of the city, and how would I go about creating a new scene for this?

Also, is there a list anywhere of which scene corresponds to which village/castle?

Here is my first scene. It is based on the terrain of the city of Tihr.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 07:41:28 PM »
Both your questions are module system based; module_parties for the latter, and a modification of mudule_game_Menus and module_scripts for the former.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Son of the King

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • SotK
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 11:19:28 PM »

But what code do I need to add in module_game_menus and module_scripts to add a new scene to a town (say Tihr for example)?

Keedo420

• M&B Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 01:52:52 AM »
Tihr is town_2. Do a search of module_parties for the name of the town you want to know the id of. If you are looking to replace the Tihr town center with the scene that you posted the screenshot of above, just go into your mod's SceneObj folder and replace scn_town_2_center.sco with the scene that you made.

Bullethead

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 11:28:41 PM »
Quote from: "Keedo420"
If you are looking to replace the Tihr town center with the scene that you posted the screenshot of above, just go into your mod's SceneObj folder and replace scn_town_2_center.sco with the scene that you made.
Howdy.

Please excuse my ignorance, but I have to start somewhere and this board seems a better place to ask questions than Taleoworlds.  So....

I'm sure the above quote is quite helpful, but the only to those who "speak the language".  And the problem I have is, I don't.  I've about worn out the search functions at various forums, but so far without much success.  First off, because I don't yet "speak the language", I often don't even know what to search for.  And 2nd, when I do stumble across something, it's gibberish to me, or it's a special thing to do in a certain context, which itself is gibberish.  IOW, I often feel like I know less after doing a search than I did beforehand, because all I get out of it is awareness of yet another vast and previously unknown realm of knowledge about which I know nothing.

Now, when it comes to scene editing, I'm not entirely a cherry.  I can place and edit objects no problem, and build all sorts of complex scenes.  Also, I completely grok the AI mesh thing, which after all is pretty much the same in many other games, crossed with elements of 3D modelling.  But there are a numer of things that escape me, and I would really like some help with.  Thanks in advance.

#1:  I want to create a new settlement from scratch, as an addition to the map on an unoccupied spot on the map, and not replacing something that's already there.  In plain English, how do I do this?  Please be very detailed and verbose in your answer, because this is one of those "need to know the language" areas that totally escape me at present.  In fact, this applies to all the answers I need :).

#2:  I want to create new interior scenes that are additions to what already exists.  For example, say I want to be able to get into the sewers under some existing city (or a brand new city as in #1 above).  How do I create a new interior scene without it replacing something that already exists, and how do I link it to the exterior scene?  Again, verbose plain English would be appreciated.

#3.  WTF is up with entry points?  Every time I try adding these things, or renumbering them, I make my whole scene unplayable by putting the player miles away from the scene itself.

#4:  How do you make a siege scene at all?  And how do you do so for a specific settlement scene?

#5.  Why is it that when I do any terrain editing at all, areas of the ground start turning some hideous dark shadowed color?  How can I avoid this happening?

#6.  What are good settings for the hardness and weight of both the terrain editing and terrain texturing, to avoid things looking like crap?  I've played with this a lot, but there are practically an infinite number of combinations and I don't have time to try them all :).

Thanks for the help.

Zenoxen

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 10:11:54 PM »
I've got a really annoying question....
I've been trying to switch the interior of the castle of the town commpnly known as Veluca with interior of the castle of town nr 1...
I've tryed to do it (copy both castle interiors, switch their names and replace on their place) but no result...please help me!!!!