Author Topic: Turn based Space excitement!  (Read 17797 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Turn based Space excitement!
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2015, 06:38:35 PM »
Looking good :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2015, 07:50:28 PM »
If you do decide to make a singleplayer portion, take a look at X:Com EU/EW. They have about 2-4 turns of just creeping forward before being ambushed/seeing enemy and sniping them. Might be something to consider.
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2015, 10:26:36 PM »
Just had a thought, for Mp you might want an unlock system. Unless you're against that, people like unlocking things. Science proves it. Probably. For unlocks though you have to be careful not to imbalance the game.
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2015, 10:34:31 PM »
I think unlocks should be cool more than meaningful, which helps solve the balance issue with them; being able to give your guys some slightly more swish-looking uniform options or a gun that's very slightly better against tanks but a tiny but worse against infantry but more importantly has a really snazzy sniper sight. Or something like that.

Unlocks for commander kit could also be fun; given the commander's stamina will still be restricted per turn it'll give you more options but not necessarily more power.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2015, 02:26:11 PM »
Yeah that's the sort of thing I was thinking, sidegrades>upgrades.

PartyWithAliens

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2015, 02:04:13 AM »
hey guys!

Sorry for the long silence, I was in good old Berlin.
but here!

you can see a little more of whats been going on.
I hear what youre saying about upgrades - as a rule im against play to win. I think its the problem with a lot of games. The living card game beats the collectible, for instance.

HOWEVER!

minor unlocks is the key, definitely. The plan in the long term is to have units stats tracked across games, kills, deaths etc etc. This could then mean units earn medals, which give them very slight boosts in certain areas - kill 100 units, maybe you get a +1 to all damage rolls. That sort of thing. Nothing game changing as weapons, but something to show your loyalty to your troops has been noted, and their xp on the battlefield is meaningful. No permadeath because.. well.. not so fun in multiplayer (many friendships will be broken) but we want units to feel alive and personal somehow.

PartyWithAliens

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2015, 11:16:21 AM »
also guys if you go to www.partywithaliens.co.uk/bigspace you can play the game! Its a little unclear how to do so currently, and we'll be working on that in the near future once all squad modifiers are in. But you can set up and save your squad, and create a game. You'll need a buddy to play against however! (create a game, name it - they can join)

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2015, 12:34:33 PM »
Is (or will there/plans to/whatever) there a melee system?

PartyWithAliens

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2015, 04:57:28 PM »
Is (or will there/plans to/whatever) there a melee system?

melee weapons work the same as normal weapons except they ignore shields, there isnt a separate combat system for it currently ~

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2015, 10:47:16 PM »
I keep meaning to try this out but not getting a chance... you should totally come to ExiliCon and demo it though!

PartyWithAliens

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2015, 01:51:50 PM »

Just made the first more engaging, non-symmetrical map. Need to test it for balancing, but should be a big step in gameplay.
The game is a little buggy but were looking to split our servers and keep a stable build on the link supplied, and keep a private place for our testing of new features!

Need to make a new.. new video, and weve put in some of those big changes (including the more back and forth rounds.

thats in july, right? Might just have to do that!

Son of the King

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • SotK
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2015, 10:38:34 PM »
This is starting to look really cool!