Author Topic: Toddler sets archery record  (Read 2688 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Toddler sets archery record
« on: March 25, 2015, 01:11:23 PM »
Aka "Have you ever wanted to feel physically inadequate compared to a toddler? Now you can!" thread.

Indian two-year-old sets national archery record

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-32046302

A two-year-old Indian girl has set a new national record in archery, according to the India Book of Records.

Dolly Shivani Cherukuri from Vijaywada in the southern state of Andhra Pradesh - who turns three next week - became the youngest Indian to score more than 200 points at a trial event on Tuesday, reports the Press Trust of India.

She fired 36 arrows at a target 5m away, then again at a target 7m away, making a total of 388 points.

Her achievement was witnessed by senior sports personalities and India Book of Records officials.

"We are all very proud of her. We are very impressed," Archery Association of India official Gunjan Abrol told the BBC.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Lizard

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Toddler sets archery record
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 03:35:10 PM »
"Good for her!", I say to myself, as I die a little inside and consider never picking up my bow again.
A coder, a hoodie, a coffee pot, a robot.

"A ship in port is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."

comrade_general

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 03:46:09 PM »
She's standing right in front of the target. And is she shooting at pictures of her parents? :P

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 05:43:37 PM »
Well, you might feel resentful too if you'd been forced to shoot a bow regularly from the age of one. :P
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...