Author Topic: General political discussion  (Read 6670 times)

Glaurung

• Sakellarios
    Financial Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: General political discussion
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2016, 09:45:31 PM »
Welcome to Exilian! Some people here like politics, or talking about it; some don't. I hope you'll find things you want to talk about - please feel free to explore and post.

On the Political Compass specifically, I struggle with it, as I do with a lot of other surveys. The propositions are often complex, and my responses very rarely boil down to (strongly) agree/disagree. Nevertheless I'm fairly sure I'm somewhere in the anarchist/left quadrant.

Glaurung

• Sakellarios
    Financial Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2016, 10:41:30 PM »
And also, some interesting and depressing thoughts about the era of post-truth politics that we now seem to be entering. Note that this is "post" as in "after". Some of it is especially pertinent to the EU referendum in the UK - Boris Johnson may have been playing a very long game.

Ottorommel

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2016, 11:38:34 PM »
It is good :) We've got a political compass graph of Exilian members in this thread, though it hasn't been updated in a while:
http://exilian.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=339.0

Also, welcome to Exilian! Hope you stick around, do give us a shout if you have any questions/issues!
Wow, that is a whole lot of left libertarian! Haha, thank you for welcoming me! Between the board games, Mount and Blade, and politics- I think I'll fit in pretty nicely.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2016, 09:37:42 PM »
Aye :) Always good to have more people around!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2016, 09:01:24 AM »
No it's not
Go away.
Shoo!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2016, 03:52:22 PM »
^ This is Pentagathus, he's the unwelcoming committee to counterbalance the welcoming committee :P

Anyway!

I think the post-truth politics thing is interesting, but I think portraying it as a move away from evidence based politics may be too rosy a view of the past...
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...