Author Topic: Mirror State : The Disaster Movie Megagame  (Read 3553 times)

MirrorState

• View Profile
    • Mirror State
    • Awards
Mirror State : The Disaster Movie Megagame
« on: July 17, 2015, 04:05:55 PM »
Mirror State is a megagame, a large interactive experience that has elements of roleplaying, board games, video gaming, LARP and many other multi-player games. Throughout the game you will spend a large amount of time acquiring information, negotiating with others and living through a story that you will be partly responsible in creating.

Players take the roles of influential figures in the power structure of the United States of America as the country faces one of many potentially extinction-causing events. Taking inspiration from just about every disaster book, TV show or movie you can imagine, from the Andromeda Strain to World War Z, and then played through the halls of power as portrayed by the West Wing or House of Cards, this is a game with no room for bystanders.

There is no clue as to what threat you may be facing, it could be a global pandemic, rogue artificial intelligence, alien invasion, asteroid strike, zombie outbreak or anything else Hollywood has imagined. What you do know is that there is a thin line of people in the right position to stop the impending disaster and you are one of those people.

Tickets for our next episode, CODE EPSILON have just gone on sale and is taking place at the Imperial War Museum in Duxford on October 3rd.

You want more information? We've got you covered...
Code Epsilon event page on Facebook
Two Minutes In Mirror State (an ongoing video series covering just some of the stories that emerge during the game)
The official website

You have questions? We have answers...
Mirror State - The live action disaster movie

Lizard

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Mirror State : The Disaster Movie Megagame
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 04:11:30 PM »
Looks super interesting, I'll signal boost to some friends who might be interested :)
A coder, a hoodie, a coffee pot, a robot.

"A ship in port is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."

Flamekebab

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 07:32:30 PM »
Ooh. I might actually be able to attend!

The video of your panel is done although it's not on the Exilian YouTube channel yet (if you'd like the raw footage get in touch - otherwise the finished 1080p50 file is here).

If we're going to be at the venue all day what's the catering situation?

MirrorState

• View Profile
    • Mirror State
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 12:39:12 AM »
There is a cafe on site but the game continues all day so a swift stock up at the supermarket of your choice beforehand is recommended.

We'll be reintroducing the whole game in the run up to the event and I heartily suggest signing up to the newsletter which, aside from regular nudges in the direction of picking up a ticket, contains plenty of detail about the game and its background. Not needed for play but we believe whets the appetite nicely.

You can subscribe via the website.

-Sam

(Thanks for the video footage, we'll upload your version to keep it in context)
Mirror State - The live action disaster movie

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 04:25:12 PM »
I'm not sure if this is the right subforum for this, but then again I'm not sure where else it fits either so I'll leave it here for now.

The YT video is now up, I'll post another thread for it soon :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 05:43:17 PM »
Moved to new area
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...