Author Topic: Dreams of Empire - the Steampunk Megagame!  (Read 5231 times)

DreamsOfEmpire

• View Profile
    • Awards
Dreams of Empire - the Steampunk Megagame!
« on: August 27, 2015, 09:12:43 PM »
If you like gaming and like steampunk, then Dreams of Empire is for YOU!

Combining elements of boardgames and role-playing games, immerse yourself in an alternative history during the Victorian era with steam-powered inventions and eldritch dangers as you lead a nation to glory with your team, or maybe you take on the role of an intrepid inventor-explorer and discover new technologies and discover forbidden knowledge. Ever wanted to lead Prussia to martial might? Create weird and wonderful marvels of science for Japan? Make sure Austro-Hungary remains a relevant power in the game of nations? Well now you can! The following will be the nations available as teams in Dreams of Empire:

• Austro Hungary
  • Brazil
  • China
  • France
  • Great Britain
  • Japan
  • Ottoman Empire
  • Prussia
  • Russia
  • United States of America

We recently had a playtest at Heffers which was hugely fun and will be announcing the all-day game event very soon - all are welcome and please feel free to ask any questions you may have, either here or send us a message on the Facebook page.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 10:12:01 PM by DreamsOfEmpire »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Dreams of Empire - the Steampunk Megagame!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 09:53:24 PM »
You put China down twice :P

It all looks great, though I don't think I'll be able to get there sadly given how my near future seems to be panning out :(
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 01:18:05 PM »
Looked at the facebook page as well, this looks really interesting, good on you ;)
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

DreamsOfEmpire

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 05:32:42 PM »
You put China down twice :P

It all looks great, though I don't think I'll be able to get there sadly given how my near future seems to be panning out :(

OH DID I? (ignore the bit that says it was edited)

The game will be early November if that helps at all - tell your friends, tell your family, tell your dog/manservant/the spectral haunter that lives in your dreams! Also thanks Colossus, please feel free to give us a like so you can be updated as and when we release more info. I think a game like this would be right up a lot of Exilians' streets :D

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 10:31:23 PM »
If you can give me anything I can do by video link from Birmingham I'll happily Skype through to it :p I suspect I won't be able to run across the country for it though :(
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...