Author Topic: "Karaski" open-ended, player-driven adventure onboard a sabotaged airship  (Read 10783 times)

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
Hey guys, I wanted to share a game I have been developing for 2 years now. Very much a story and adventure kind of a game so fellow Exilians should like it :)

The Dunabe Citizen Happiness Bureau proudly presents:

The Glorious Commonwealth’s first Airship has been compromised! Uncover what the passengers are hiding and write the grisly conclusion of its final hours in an Single-player, Open-ended and Player-driven Adventure. Dziekujemy!

Who is the saboteur? Who can be saved? Your actions and dialogue define the back story as well as future outcomes. You are the player and the storyteller, and different playthroughs can lead to different results.

Preorder Now and get our first game Free!

Official Website | Twitter | Facebook

------------------

Onboard a the world’s first Airship, a dark plot unfolds. Each suspect has a secret and unique personality you can uncover in a nonlinear manner via dialogue, breaking into their rooms, drinking with them, or even pissing them off. But getting caught snooping around will rise your suspicion and the passengers will start doubting you more! Your interactions shape the past, present and future outcomes of the story. Different playthroughs can lead to different results.

Open-ended, Engrossing Story
What you say and do shapes the past, present and future.

Multiple Endings
The choices you make will influence gameplay and story.

Complex Characters and Rich Dialogue
Each passenger has a story and unique personality – uncover their dark secrets.

Nonlinear Exploration
Freely roam 4 distinct decks hunting for clues… or stealing money and booze.

Social Stealth
Don’t get caught acting suspicious, or others may blame you.

Multiple Approaches & Solutions
Pick locks, crawl through vents, tinker with cogs or talk your way through.

Various Tools to Customize Your Playstyle
Choose from a variety of tools and approaches that suit you best.

Edit: broken URLs fixed (Glaurung, 20/10/15 10:18)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 08:54:34 PM by Koobazaur »
Check out my upcoming Indie Game Karaski:What Goes Up... - You're one of five suspects of a sabotage onboard a 1920s Slavic Airship. Find the culprit or confess your crime in an open-ended, detective adventure game.

Lizard

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Well this looks fun.

(Sorry I just realised that sounded really sarcastic? I didn't mean it to. It DOES look like fun!)

I'll check it out when I'm not on my way to work :)
A coder, a hoodie, a coffee pot, a robot.

"A ship in port is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The Exilian publicity machine* has rolled into action and I've scheduled some tweets about this in the next few days :)

Looks really good! Will it be available any way other than via Steam? (I should probably catch up with the rest of the world and, you know, get Steam, but I haven't yet)

*in the sense that a horse and cart is a transport machine. It's not very good at the job, but it technically does what it says on the tin  :P
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
We are now 40% of the way to top 100 in just 1 day, woo :) Thank You ALL who supported!

Lizard - awesome, let me know what you think and please do follow and share if you likey :)

Jubal - Thaaank Youuuu!!! Getting the word out is the most important thing now so this is a BIG BIG HELP!

And yes, hopefully we can get it on Humble store, maybe GoG if they bite, and others. I've been talking to a few publishers already so we'll see. Personally I'm a Steam + GoG person myself, and all for non-DRM.

Check out my upcoming Indie Game Karaski:What Goes Up... - You're one of five suspects of a sabotage onboard a 1920s Slavic Airship. Find the culprit or confess your crime in an open-ended, detective adventure game.

Lizard

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I'll share it in my circles and see what I can do - it looks pretty good! I definitely like the idea of 'social stealth'.
A coder, a hoodie, a coffee pot, a robot.

"A ship in port is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
Thanks for the support guys :) the initial rush from steam itself died down now so I need to rely on external help to get more traffic!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I've scheduled some more tweets, I'll write a FB post tomorrow :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
Re: "Karaski" open-ended, player-driven adventure onboard a sabotaged airship
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2015, 07:52:48 PM »
Thanks! We actually just got Greenlit two days ago woooo :D

But feel free to encourage people to check oout the main website and follow facebook and twitter to stay up to date on release plans and various cool exclusive  media :)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2015, 10:30:32 PM »
Well done, that's fantastic :)

I've updated the upcoming tweets to reflect the news, mostly they're showing off the trailer etc.

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2015, 05:55:49 AM »
Comrades!

We are happy to share 4 glorious minutes of gameplay in the latest video below! It showcases multiple approaches using various tools, breaking into rooms, and social stealth.

Please enjoy and let us know what you think!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2015, 08:57:33 PM »
It looks good! :) The other characters look oddly small compared to the POV of the camera, maybe lower the camera height a smidgen? Otherwise, all looks good fun, I'll definitely look at getting it when it appears  :)

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2015, 10:02:15 PM »
Hmm interesting point, tho you are the first to bring it up among all our testers. Are you pretty short in real life, out of curiosity? (its ok Im a short dude too lol)

By the way:

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2015, 02:58:52 PM »
I'm a bit above 5 foot 6, so yes, not winning any height competitions any time soon!  :P
I'm thus quite short for a man, but pretty much dead on average for the population as a whole in the UK (average man about 5ft9, average woman 5ft4).

And Merry Christmas to you too :D

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2016, 08:40:20 PM »
Goods news everyone...

Comrades!

Our game is releasing this February so we began the Pre-Orders! If you support us now, we will send you a free Steam Key for our first game Postmortem: one must die as a little Thank You! And if we can start pooling some good cash quickly, we might be able to get started on Translations a bit earlier :)

The Glorious Commonwealth’s first Airship has been compromised! Uncover what the passengers are hiding and write the grisly conclusion of its final hours in a Single-player and Open-ended Adventure. Dziękujemy!

Who is the saboteur? Who can be saved? Your actions and dialogue define the back story as well as future outcomes. You are the player and the storyteller, and different playthroughs can lead to different results.

Official Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trailer:

Screenshots:

Thank You for your consideration and supporting your fellow indie devs! It's been a long time coming, but the ship will fly soon!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2016, 01:10:22 PM »
I'm looking forward to this - I may allow myself to preorder after I get my current pile of work handed in on the 20th :)