Author Topic: CTD before battle with orks  (Read 3910 times)

LordNico

• View Profile
    • Awards
CTD before battle with orks
« on: December 03, 2015, 09:37:40 PM »
First off I have to say I love the mod, it's so much cooler and stable than the TW:M2 mod  ;D.

My problem with the mod is that If I fight the orks on either the campaign map or fight as/or against them in custom battle the game CTD.
This only happens with orks, and I have used diffrent factions when fighting them to check if it doesnt CTD and it doesnt change.
Anyone have this same issue? or could it be a corrupt installation maybe? please help , thanks :)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: CTD before battle with orks
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 10:07:01 PM »
I haven't had any issues reported with Orcs, could be an installation issue. Does this happen regardless of which units you use?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

LordNico

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 10:29:37 AM »
At first I thought it was all units, but now after some testing it seems that it is mainly ork boyz the one to the far left in unit selection and probably savage and the horde ones too, I havent had time to test every single unit tho...

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 08:19:02 PM »
Hm. If you can narrow it down to exact units I'll be able to look into it.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

LordNico

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 04:46:54 PM »
I finally had time to test this again, it seems like monsters, goblins  and cavalry (and the general ofc) works just fine.
However it seems that all the ork infantry units, ork boyz(all 3 of them)  savage and black orks crash the game. hope this helps :orc:

Nosferaty

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2021, 05:42:44 AM »
Hello gents i Created this account just to confirm that (prob the mod is abandoned but whatever i'm doing my part).

I'm doing my first campaign with orks, stopped playing for about 3 days and when i came back every fight with orks results in a CTD, also tested until i could pinpoint the cause and just like LordNico the problems is the 3 Ork boyz units, all the other orkz units and units in general works fine (even chaos horseman).

I reinstalled the mod and the patch but to no avail. I reinstalled the mod in a clean Total war game Freshly installed and it worked however after some testing the problem showed up again but i believe i finally tackled the problem at least for me..

Well it weird but it seems that the problem is having the unit shader checkbox disabled on the video options.

I tested the Ork unitz with a lot of changes and variations, Huge and Small unit size,High and Low unit details, widescreen on and off, different resolutions, and the only thing that makes the game crash its the unit shader being disabled, has nothing to do do with video card being outdated or the models being corrupted, my guess is that maybe the game needs the unit shader to make the "metal loinclohts" from the Orks to work? LEL.
SO....... well have fun hope it works for u...if there's anyone there lol.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2021, 10:12:02 AM »
Hm, I wonder if it's particular types of graphics cards or something that produce that interaction with the shaders, though, since not everyone seems to be able to replicate the issue...

Thanks for the report anyhow, hopefully that'll be useful if anyone else comes across the same issue :)