Poll

Should I scrap the HTML section of the site and do everything on the WordPress site?

Poll

What 2 things do you feel are most lacking about the site?

You may only select up to 2 options.

Author Topic: Give me GS&S website feedback!  (Read 5606 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Give me GS&S website feedback!
« on: January 01, 2016, 09:14:18 PM »
Yep, more polls. Though I'd also really like any written thoughts on the website and its navigation, much of which is quite frankly an absolute shambles and a half.

For those of you who don't know, the site is at http://www.forgefyre.co.uk, though it's hosted on Exilian's webspace.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Glaurung

• Sakellarios
    Financial Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Give me GS&S website feedback!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 12:27:33 AM »
I think this will be written feedback for me, because that's probably easier than working out how to respond to the poll questions.

First thing, and probably the most significant one: the site URL is forgefyre.co.uk - but most of the content on the front page relates to the GS&S setting, with Forgefyre itself somewhat lost in the navigation. This is probably confusing for readers who are not familiar with the background. I'd be tempted to make Forgefyre itself rather more prominent, and have the GS&S material in the equivalent of "appendices". Is this what you're getting at with the first poll?

Next, the navigation: it does seem rather confused and repetitive. The menu bar is doing very much the same things as the menu in the top right corner, and the "Find out more" list on the front page covers most of them again. I would prefer to have just one menu.
A couple of specifics on the menu bar:
- The "Exilian Home" entry in fact links to the Forgefyre/GS&S home page, not Exilian. I suggest removing this entry, and instead use the "Hosted by Exilian" block to provide that link.
- The "More Tabletop Games" link is broken.

Also, the "Latest Posts" box is from the usual Exilian feed, almost all of which are unrelated to Forgefyre/GS&S. I suggest removing it entirely.