Author Topic: TRACE: Duplex, an infinite runner for both sides of your brain!  (Read 2725 times)

eZanmoto

• View Profile
    • Awards
TRACE: Duplex, an infinite runner for both sides of your brain!
« on: February 10, 2016, 12:35:15 PM »
Hi all, my name is Sean Kelleher and I'm an indie developer from Ireland. I've just launched my company, Clever Kiwi Games, and with it my first product, TRACE: Duplex, on Google Play and the App Store.

TRACE: Duplex is an abstract infinite-runner-style game that has the player navigate a "tracer" down two parallel tracks at the same time. Progress is of course met with greater challenge, as the tracks get wilder and smaller and the tracers shrink - so far no-one has been able to obtain the top achievement. You can see a preview of the gameplay in our 30-second YouTube trailer.

I would love feedback on the game - it's been well received by friends and family, and now I'm hoping to make it more widely available. Any opinions on the gameplay (too slow/fast/easy/boring) and design in particular are more than welcome.

With Clever Kiwi Games I'm hoping to make small games but with interesting mechanics that provide a lot of replay value. The colours and designs have a Japanese influence through the use of delicate pastels and clean white shapes, and are particularly inspired by Japanese paper craft. In this way I hope to create games that also appeal to female gamers and older gamers, demographics which, while as prevalent as others, are often neglected when it comes to choice with modern mobile gaming (other than the myriad of Candy Crush clones), which are usually targeted towards young males. The name Clever Kiwi Games itself was chosen with those demographics in mind, and tries to convey the idea of simple games for people that like to flex their mind muscles while they have fun.

Finally, my twitter handle is @CleverKiwiGames if you want to receive updates on my current and future games or if you want to leave feedback. I'll also be posting links to some technical articles, if you're into that sort of thing!

TL;DR:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 12:40:46 PM by eZanmoto »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: TRACE: Duplex, an infinite runner for both sides of your brain!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 02:33:44 PM »
Nice work! I don't tend to play "skill" games like that mostly because I'm bloody useless at them (puzzles, RPGs and strategy are more my thing). The design looks very nice and crisp. :)

I absolutely agree that those markets tend to be a bit neglected though, best of luck with opening them up!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

eZanmoto

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 04:03:19 PM »
Thanks very much Jubal! I'm actually releasing a puzzle game, Kudosu (no points for guessing what it's partly inspired by ;D), later this month! I'll be divulging more on the mechanics as the month goes on, as well as posting some preview levels closer to the launch :)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 11:49:52 PM »
Ooh, I do like Su Dokus - I was never brilliant at them, but they're good fun to try. Look forward to seeing what you come up with there :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

eZanmoto

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 01:03:20 AM »
Thanks! I'll be sure to post a link here when it comes out  ;D

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 05:30:24 PM »
Just got round to finding you on twitter - have you followed Exilian's one, btw? We're at @ExilianOfficial :)

eZanmoto

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 11:19:33 PM »
Thanks! You have a new follower :-)