When working on human miniatures the one thing that really slows down progress, mentally speaking, is the knowledge that to arm them I'm going to need to make some weapons from scratch. It's one of the reasons I have so few single character models like the Sororitas Arcanum priests - I get the general shape in place, realise I'm going to need a weapon for them, and then my motivation just evaporates. Seriously! I've got at least three on corks just waiting for further progress!
So to remedy that I've put together a sprue containing these things:
Today I've got the first cast of them:
With any luck I'll be able to do a casting run of them with some filler in order to get a darker colour that I can photograph, then it's off to the proverbial races.
Also this means I can finally get some heavy weapons into the hands of my faithful sisters, and some weapon choices for the canoness.