Author Topic: Kudosu: A Deceptively Simple Number Puzzle Game - Free Online Demo Now Available  (Read 9741 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
It is difficult (as I know well from having been struggling through advertising this website for, ooh, nearly eight years now!) I'm not sure relying solely on organic growth does necessarily indicate much accurately; a lot of "organic" growth seems to be very much about getting to certain thresholds of people on social media beyond which the algorithms pick things up and one gets more momentum. Advertising is expensive though, it's tough; on the other hand your target audience (most of whom are beyond the "hardcore puzzle fanatics" base probably) might be hard to reach in a very targeted way through relevant FB or reddit areas. I don't really use pinterest or Tumblr, would be interested to hear how much success you get there!

I'll get some links thrown out on the Exilian social media accounts if that'd be helpful, anyway? And I'll try and write up a review in the next day or so :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

eZanmoto

• View Profile
    • Awards
That'd be amazing Jubal, thanks very much  :D  Yes it is tough, I'm hoping to apply for a free entrepreneurial mentor program that they're starting up soon in my area to get a hand with it, just to find out if I'm at least on the right track and to find out what else I could be doing.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Sorry, I've been being hopeless this week - review written up here, anyhow:
http://exilian.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4375

:)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

eZanmoto

• View Profile
    • Awards
Oh wow, thank you very much Jubal, I really appreciate you taking the time to write such a review  :)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
No problem :) Some tweeting has occurred/will occur too!

eZanmoto

• View Profile
    • Awards
Thanks very much! I'm also in the process of adding new levels, particularly "doughnut" levels that leave certain central squares blank. This allows the use of bigger squares with the same number of moves, without making those moves as obvious as they usually are on big grids, because only a subset of the cells are actually used. I've also started having to make new levels manually (with a tool) instead of filtering generated levels because the number of combinations has gotten so large!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Ooh, look forward to seeing more! :)