Author Topic: Dawn of War III Announced  (Read 3692 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Dawn of War III Announced
« on: May 03, 2016, 03:25:02 PM »

Thoughts? I really hope they make a nice RTS like DoW1 was, it'll be interesting to see what exactly they come up with.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Dawn of War III Announced
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 06:45:55 PM »
Big fan of the Titans. Not so much a fan of them sticking with Blood Ravens but I guess they're only allowed to work with that SM chapter. Hopefully they won't involve Chaos again, they seem to be the only enemy. Tbh, I'd love a 4x type game with RTS elements, kinda like a cross between Civ on the map and TW style RTS. Failing that, despite liking DoW 2 more than 1, with Titans you'd need more the mechanics of 1 to accommodate the number of squads.
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 10:48:22 PM »
I haven't played DoW 2, it didn't look as up my street as 1 was. I do love DoW1 to bits though, so I'd like to see something mechanically similar.

Basically if they have the mechanics of DoW1, a better/more flexible campaign map system, and do the minor races some reasonable level of justice, I'll be happy. Two of the three and I'll consider getting the game :P
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Flamekebab

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 01:01:23 AM »
It has Orks and as such I am interested.

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 01:09:47 AM »
I would bet there will be only 3 races. From the article I read, it'll be more DoW1-esque with hero levels and gear like DoW2. Cover mechanics are DoW1 style, they were a huge part of 2 but really wouldn't suit DoW1 format.
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 10:38:02 AM »
If it's just Orks, SMs, Eldar, I'll give it a miss - Tau and IG are really the only ones that tend to hold my interest, followed by Orks a little bit but they're not so much my style.

It's aity I never had the time and skills to finish my Dark Crusade mod...

Edit: article with more details http://www.pcgamer.com/dawn-of-war-3-inside-relics-biggest-rts-yet/
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 11:47:29 AM by Jubal »

Flamekebab

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 06:48:43 PM »
It seems unlikely to me that other races won't be added. Perhaps there's something I've missed that specifically says it'll always just be those three?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 08:18:54 PM »
Yes, I may get it later when a DLC or expansion for something I actually want to play as is added.