Author Topic: Big Shoutout To Everyone!  (Read 3635 times)

OrangeBison

• View Profile
    • Orange Bison Indie Game News & Reviews
    • Awards
Big Shoutout To Everyone!
« on: May 29, 2016, 01:10:16 PM »
Hi everyone! Great to be here. I am the editor in chief of Orange Bison, which is due to launch in a matter of weeks now. I started Orange Bison because of my passion for indie games. I wanted a platform that helps promote these games and build some excitement for their release.

I have big plans ahead which include finding public spaces to launch our own game jams and longer term plans include creating a space to help people learn how to make thier own games.

Please feel free to say hello. Looking forward to getting to know you all a little better.  ;D
OrangeBison.com is an indie game news and review website. Built for my passion to help promote indie game developers and small studios.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Big Shoutout To Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 01:31:39 PM »
Hello, great to see you!

That all sounds nicely exciting, and very much in some of the areas we're working towards as well, though of course we're more coming at it as a community for sharing knowledge/skills/ideas and helping with promotion rather than being a news site. Do give us a shout if we can collaborate on anything; we currently run a small annual convention, and a lot of what we do is helping small projects (including but not limited to games) get much-needed oxygen and airtime. We've looked into starting game jams in the past but getting the ball rolling enough to make one successful is a real challenge.

Anyhow - I'm Jubal, I'm our Megadux (basically executive officer) so I do a lot of the day-to-day work keeping this place running and organising events etc. In realspace I'm a postgraduate historian who also dabbles in game development, songwriting, spoken storytelling, and a bunch of other stuff here and there :)

Off the top of my head, a few things/areas of the site that might be of interest to you:
  • The Indie Labs I guess may be a major port of call for obvious reasons!
  • Also, our Hobby Dev Area for programming chat and non-commercial games, and our Creative Hub for discussing project management, event management, etc might be useful to you.
  • The Boozer is the catch-all offtopic forum and a good place to get to know people :)
  • We also have our rather under-promoted reviews and tutorials sections.
  • http://exilian.co.uk/con has all our 2016 convention details if that's of interest
  • If you want to fire me any messages about collaborations etc the PM system works fine or my Exilian email is megadux[at]exilian[dot]co[dot]uk

Basically though have a nose around, make yourself at home, and don't be nervous about posting wherever you like or asking questions about how things work here! Hope you stick around :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 01:34:25 PM »
Hi there! Sounds like a great idea, thought I'd slap a link to your twitter here in case any devs here want to follow: https://twitter.com/TheOrangeBison

Good luck with your endeavors ;)
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

OrangeBison

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 01:49:22 PM »
Thanks for having me and the warm welcome! Appreciate all those links. I totally agree with you about building a community. There are social abilities built into our website but won't be live for launch. Definitely all about the people.  :)

I'm definately interested in some kind of collaboration for sure. Will send you a message shortly.

Oh thanks for posting my twitter link. Wasn't sure if it was allowed.  ::)

OrangeBison.com is an indie game news and review website. Built for my passion to help promote indie game developers and small studios.

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 01:57:44 PM »
It's probably not, I'm just a maverick like that ;)

If your website writes hype pieces, in the gaming arcade section I've done a few of those but mostly for AAA games.
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2016, 02:03:07 PM »
It's very definitely allowed :P

Our moderation rules are pretty relaxed on most things, honestly, we're not a free-for-all but unless you're really pushing the boundaries hard it's not something you need to worry over :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

OrangeBison

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2016, 02:08:18 PM »
Sounds great. :)

As for the hype posts, the website platform has 'hub pages' for games which give them their own navigation for related articles such as videos, game art, news etc. Hub pages can be created for games under development and this is then updated with new developments etc.

We are based in Northern Ireland and will be attending the Q Con and MCM Comic Con next month. We can't wait! For the interviews of course, nothing else........  ::)

DeepCandle Games

• RPG author and big nerd
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Aspiring TTRPG Writer
    • View Profile
    • My Ko-Fi Shop-front!
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2016, 03:14:06 PM »
good to meet you, i hope to see you around. well it won't be too hard if you're orange!
I write many projects focused around RPGs and rules expansions!

If you'd like to support me you can buy (or download for free) my finished work from https://ko-fi.com/nanoteq_rpg or play-test them with me on my discord!

OrangeBison

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2016, 05:28:05 PM »
And a Bison.  :D

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2016, 05:44:17 PM »
A Northern Irish bison at that, so not as if there are many local herds to blend into :P

OrangeBison

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2016, 05:49:10 PM »
Haha! Indeed. Orange Pigeon just didn't have the same ring to it.  :P

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2016, 11:57:32 AM »
Finally replied to your email OB, sorry for the delay!