Author Topic: Welcome to Rome Total Realism, Say Hello and introduce yourself!  (Read 28768 times)

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hello all who appreciate the game Rome: Total War, it's mod Rome Total Realism and Ancient History!

I am ahowl11, a humble citizen of the United States, and one who's been trying to make his own mod for almost five years now. Ideas bounced around for most of that time, until I developed a keen interest in the old mod, Rome Total Realism Platinum Edition. From there I went about modding it and then Total War Rome 2 came out and I thought my dreams had come true. Instead they turned into a nightmare with how bad that game was  >:(

So alas, I turned back to Rome Total Realism, and made a small RTR 0.5 campaign right here at these forums in Exilian. From there, it was a year of constant circles, as I could not decide what to do next. People came, and people left but I stuck to my dream of remaking RTR. Then in May of 2015, Anarchon and I got together and started this thing from scratch. We implemented a new map, decided the faction list and I added all features from BI and ALX, and was able to get the mod to work with the ALX engine. From there Anarchon became ill and left, and me and a few others implemented all BI and ALX units into the mod, as well as reskinning and renaming many vanilla units. We also implemented a new recruitment system. From there unit cards were made and our first public beta was released in April. Since then, Emodude, Xeofox, Aaronbarron, Quinn_Inuit and I have been hard at work trying to make this game more challenging and beautiful.
Now thanks to Jubal and the Exilian community, RTR is back at Exilian, and I am now proud to announce that this will become the new home for RTR, so fans, players, modders, historians and enthusiasts are all welcome to this forum to discuss things about the mod, books they have read, shows they've watched and finally just enjoy being in community with others who have the same interest!

Please introduce yourself, and check back often as this community and mod about ancient history continues to grow!
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Vincentius

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Welcome to Rome Total Realism, Say Hello and introduce yourself!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 07:01:18 PM »
Ave.  Vincentius here.  Got started on RTW by my brother, and was hooked quickly.  I mainly play factions with heavy infantry, which means Rome, Seleucia, or Macedon.  I have covered the entire RTW map as the Julii, Brutii, Greece, Seleucia, and Macedon.  Most of that was on E/E, I mainly play M/M now.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 07:59:08 PM »
Hey Vincentius and welcome, post all your future testing experiences here and it will help us solve a lot of issues.
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Lenin Cat

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Unit Pack Oberhaul- pending
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 06:45:56 PM »
Hello, I am Lenin Cat (aka Kirila the Kitten from TWC) and I will give this mod a try as soon as possible.
You can not haz cheezeburger until all cats can haz cheezeburger.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 11:42:11 PM »
Welcome back, Lenin Cat! :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Sheridan

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 05:24:22 PM »
Hello! Philip here (nickname Sheridan here and on TWC). Total War modder since three years back, working on projects such as Ancient Empires and Rise of Mordor. Was invited by Ahowl11 to try out this mod.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 05:36:00 PM »
Welcome Philip good to see you made it here!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 11:56:20 PM »
Welcome to Exilian, Sheridan/Philip :)

(And all new people, do feel you can PM me or other staff and ask about any Exilian-related stuff!)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

wambat

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2016, 11:48:48 AM »
Howdy all. FATW beta tester and humble contributor. I played RTRPE with relish years ago. I am sorry to learn that Rome 2 was such a bust, but happy to learn that the one TW game I own is still the basis for so many excellent mods. I look forward to testing this mod, and contributing in what other ways I can.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2016, 07:06:18 PM »
Welcome Wambat, hopefully everyone that has joined recently can get into the system soon.

Gen.jamesWolfe

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2016, 08:21:12 AM »
Letting you guys know I'm alive: beta tester and occasional adviser :P.

b257

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2016, 08:26:12 PM »
Hey guys, I'm still here too, been hella busy IRL though, but I got time now :), where's the link to the GIT instructions for windows 10 :)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2016, 01:22:18 AM »
I finally installed the thing! Will be popping up and giving more advice/ideas soon hopefully.

GUNINANRUNIN

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2016, 06:16:36 AM »
Hiya, I'm GUNIN! I was introduced to the mod a few days ago by Ahowl. I'm hoping to provide some meaningful contributions to the RTR project on the code side of things. I'm also a hobbyist writer, artist, and Let's Player.

Gigantus

• Sure the voices aren't real, but them has ideas!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2016, 02:41:08 PM »
Need words? Here ya go.