Author Topic: Ancient Colchis  (Read 9037 times)

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Ancient Colchis
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2016, 05:19:32 PM »
Arjos, I checked and saw you did respond, my apologies! I responded just now with a list of the areas we have not really touched yet that you said you have knowledge in.
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Vardan

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2016, 12:18:15 AM »
Hi all. My name is Vardan. I am from Armenia currently living in Budapest (Hungary) making my MA in Economics. I am not an expert in Ancient Colchis in particular, but I have sufficient information about ancient Armenia and Kartli. This makes me believe that I will be able to provide more or less valuable stuff to you. As I said I am studying, so please be merciful on my possible rare activity. Cheers!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2016, 10:20:18 PM »
Hi Vardan, welcome :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Arjos Suadurix

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2016, 05:33:42 PM »
For the local units:

Shields were covered with metal bands or narrow plates, but were Argive Aspis in shape. In the 2nd-1st centuries BC metal umbones appeared...

Obviously these guys wouldn't have had as much training when it comes to formation, instead they would fight in a more mobile manner, compared to Argive Hoplitai...