Author Topic: Hellenic kingdoms campaign  (Read 3232 times)

Vincentius

• View Profile
    • Awards
Hellenic kingdoms campaign
« on: August 07, 2016, 12:35:47 AM »
Turn another campaign with the Hellenic kingdoms. Boo-hoo :'(.  Nobody likes me. Wait, Rome does. :D No, really! They are my allies! That's how I know they like me. And everyone knows how an alliance with Rome can be trusted.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Hellenic kingdoms campaign
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 01:40:33 AM »
Sounds interesting, how far along in the campaign are you?
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Vincentius

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 07:13:12 AM »
Don't remember the exact year, but the second town in the Baktria region just revolted to me, Maracamba, I think (or was that the first town there that revolted to me?)  Greece, Macedon, and Seleucia all attacked me.  I am taking your advice and focusing on one region, just fortifying the other regions.  I pulled my troops out of both Baktrian towns, they were mostly peasants anyway, and am moving them toward my Black Sea towns.  It is spread out already, and towns in the middle of enemy territory will only be a drain on finances, especially since I would have to have large garrisons to defend them.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 05:25:02 PM »
In the future you'll hopefully recieve actual troops from the revolts. I simply need to add a better barracks to those cities.
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 07:12:14 PM »
I've been meaning to try an HK campaign, go invade Colchis/Iberia and then try and dominate the Caucasus with a Hellenised proto-Georgian state. Not had the time lately though.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 12:57:00 PM by Jubal »
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Vincentius

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 04:12:40 AM »
With a regional barracks in the Chersonesos and surrounding towns, you can train stuff like Scythian Horse Archers and such.  If fighting enemies such as Egypt or Seleucia or Macedon, very nice.

Vincentius

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2016, 06:16:16 PM »
Money went into the negative, and now when Egypt >:( is attacking Cyrene.  Problem is, when I go to fight the battle, I get a crash, so I have to decide, do I want to sacrifice Cyrene, because simming it will mean I lose it.  The crash says that it is missing some terrain file, so it is not the standard crash where it just tells me it crashed.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2016, 03:41:28 PM »
Can you give me the error message? I bet I can get the file and post it here for you.