Author Topic: Numidia  (Read 5828 times)

Vincentius

• View Profile
    • Awards
Numidia
« on: August 22, 2016, 07:58:15 PM »
Started a Numidian campaign.  Best bet is to immediately attack Carthage.  My army of 1 Numidian Archers, 3 Numidian Cav, and 2 Numidian Skirmishers defeated an army of 1 War Elephants, 1 Poeni Infantry, 1 Slinger, and 2 Citizen Militia.  My archers did rout when hit by the elephants.  I don't use Skirmish mode, because your guys run around like idiots when it is on.  Wish the Numidian Legionaries took one turn instead of two turns to train.  Carthage gave me a transgression warning, so I decided to make it official.  Attacked Carthage, but had no general, so I withdrew when they sallied out.  They gave chase, minus their general, so that is when I defeated them.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Numidia
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 09:33:26 PM »
Are you playing on the most up to date beta with the large map, or the last public beta that we released?
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 12:20:35 AM »
I guess much like Nabatea, Numidia is pretty tough to fit into the RTW engine model with a realistic playstyle and "become Carthage" suddenly becomes an optimal, rather than a ridiculous, strategy.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 01:41:43 AM »
Yup, I remember in RTRPE how hard it was to play as Numidia. I had a great few battles against them until I finally took Carthage. Campaign was easy after that
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Vincentius

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 01:51:01 AM »
Are you playing on the most up to date beta with the large map, or the last public beta that we released?

Not sure, probably the last released one.

Vincentius

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 06:35:43 PM »
I was on the old one, downloading the latest one was something I planned on doing later and never got around to doing it.  I have it on now.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 08:07:13 AM »
Okay. Map looks a lot different huh?

Vincentius

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2016, 06:43:02 PM »
Got it installed, but game won't start.  Noticed the thing about admin mode, so I will try that when I get a chance.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2016, 05:29:09 AM »
Make sure you are playing from the RTRPROJECT folder instead of the rtrproject folder.

Vincentius

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2016, 11:25:43 PM »
I am.  I have the RTR install in C://Games/RTRPROJECTS/Rome-Total War.  It still crashed.  Message was "Failed to read censored dictionary file:  data//chat_filter.san".  Or do I need the Steam version, since my RTR was in Steam before.  But since I am using a clean install and a downloaded .exe, does it matter?  I don't have Alexander in the non-Steam version, only BI.  Which reminds me, I need to download the no-cd crack for BI.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2016, 04:52:09 AM »
It needs to be Games/RTRPROJECT and that's it. RTRPROJECT should replace Rome -Total War

Vincentius

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2016, 01:01:50 AM »
Got it.  With college starting up again, I won't have much opportunity to play it, so for a couple of months I will be playing and posting less.  I will try it tonight.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2016, 05:11:44 AM »
Okay sounds good

Vincentius

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2016, 08:37:31 PM »
Tried it last night, same problem.  I will have to explore it later.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2016, 05:39:46 PM »
I see another error. Make sure the directory reads C:/Games/RTRPROJECT
Then try it. Also if you've updated recently, the mod folder is now RTR instead of MM. So for the shortcut or steam launch options you should have -show_err -mod:RTR