Author Topic: Setting up a community on Enjin  (Read 2277 times)

DeepCandle Games

• RPG author and big nerd
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Aspiring TTRPG Writer
    • View Profile
    • My Ko-Fi Shop-front!
    • Awards
Setting up a community on Enjin
« on: August 23, 2016, 10:09:33 AM »
I've been spending a couple of hours on this and set up a forum using Enjin, intended to house a community aimed primarily towards War-hammer Fantasy, other table top games or fantasy based games, any similar content (such as music or films about/including dwarfs etc.) and am mostly waiting for it to fill up with people.

While not actually asking you to participate in this forum, I would like for your feedback as a strong forum community on the general website, and also any new forum sections or features you wish to see added!

ALSO: I am not sure whether or not this violates the forum rules, or otherwise upsets administrators, so please feel free to blot this out if it is in any way against the leadership of this forum!
I write many projects focused around RPGs and rules expansions!

If you'd like to support me you can buy (or download for free) my finished work from https://ko-fi.com/nanoteq_rpg or play-test them with me on my discord!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Setting up a community on Enjin
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 03:35:20 PM »
It's not against the forum rules. Obviously I have no time to get involved in any other communities, and Exilian does have sections about tabletop gaming so I guess from my POV the main thing of interest is what you found lacking here that made you want to start another site?

I can't give much advice about people either, other than that you'll likely find it's more work than you expected. My behind the scenes work on Exilian stuff can often amount to quite a lot of hours a week, and that's to keep a pretty small community just about ticking over. It used to be that forums were much easier to work with, but since the advent of social media they're a much less popular system for people at least in the UK/US/AUS to use socially and breaking into "new" markets is also quite tough.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

DeepCandle Games

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Aspiring TTRPG Writer
    • View Profile
    • My Ko-Fi Shop-front!
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 03:40:59 PM »
Fair enough but i was only testing the waters of how the forum structure shaped up. Thanks for the advice though.

If you'd like to support me you can buy (or download for free) my finished work from https://ko-fi.com/nanoteq_rpg or play-test them with me on my discord!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 03:41:49 PM »
I mean you also didn't post a link which makes it quite hard to judge the forum structure :P
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 04:39:30 PM »
I am deeply offended and feel that you are the worst form of degenerate scum known to mankind.

DeepCandle Games

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Aspiring TTRPG Writer
    • View Profile
    • My Ko-Fi Shop-front!
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 11:53:30 PM »

DeepCandle Games

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Aspiring TTRPG Writer
    • View Profile
    • My Ko-Fi Shop-front!
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 11:54:04 PM »
That's okay penty your opinion is meaningless anyway :*

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 01:19:15 PM »
I'd say in terms of section ordering you want news at the top of the boards, then on topic stuff, then offtopic stuff, then Q&S/board running stuff. News at the top is definitely something I'd strongly advise.

It's also not clear enough that "recruitment" is your login/join form. I think the overall look is good, but you definitely want a big bold static logo up the top somewhere, it lacks any sort of brand/identity at the moment and whatever the thing is you do have in that banner doesn't seem to be playing, I just get an arrow button that does nothing.