Author Topic: A New Map?  (Read 16480 times)

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: A New Map?
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2016, 09:54:59 PM »
Well what I'm concerned about is the region distribution. If we keep our current regions there's going to be some large provinces
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

xeofox

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2016, 10:35:31 PM »
looks good! I will help with Central Asia region.

Important to show Zhanadariya river in game map (for Chirik-rabad city) it can be dried on the SW or wade ca be there
Kuandaria river not so important, but in this region it can be obstacle to army traffic :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And near Balkhash lake: red -Important, yellow - secondary importance (secondary - not so importan but will be good if pisible to show :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 11:41:20 PM by xeofox »

Gigantus

• Sure the voices aren't real, but them has ideas!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2016, 07:23:53 AM »
I would suggest to omit Greenland, Iceland and the small islands (can't remember the name, shetlands?)
Possibly could shave off a bit from the bottom too.

Be careful with 'feature' rivers - too many in one region\density in general can lead to a scroll crash.

Just as well one does not see the full map on the screen - players might otherwise end up with permanently titled necks
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 08:30:16 AM by Gigantus »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2016, 07:41:52 PM »
The ones far north of Scotland are indeed the Shetlands :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Muizer

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2016, 08:12:07 PM »
Just so you know. I do a bit of work on this daily. However, I don't have that much time, nor do I intend to spend much of it on the forum or in chat. But I'm working on it.

Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs

• A Bustle in Your Hedgerow
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2016, 08:16:22 PM »
Thanks for your effort, M, patiently awaiting the results.
General question btw, once the map is done, will it be difficult to implement it?
Rome Total Realism Project Dev Team Member and  Head of Public Relations
RTR VII Beta Tester/Dev Team Member
-----------------------------------------
"Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.
Proud patron of Aule_the_creator

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2016, 09:02:03 PM »
Thanks for the update, we will continue our part as well.
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Gigantus

• Sure the voices aren't real, but them has ideas!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2016, 04:45:18 AM »
Thanks for your effort, M, patiently awaiting the results.
General question btw, once the map is done, will it be difficult to implement it?
The map itself should not need anything further. It's the populating that will take a bit of time and work: defining regional borders and placing settlements\ports. Placing characters, wonders and resources. Basically all the text file work, a simple copy\paste of previous work will not be possible as the co-ordinates need adjusting (the rest of the entries can be copied)

Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs

• A Bustle in Your Hedgerow
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2016, 07:41:01 AM »
The map itself should not need anything further. It's the populating that will take a bit of time and work: defining regional borders and placing settlements\ports. Placing characters, wonders and resources. Basically all the text file work, a simple copy\paste of previous work will not be possible as the co-ordinates need adjusting (the rest of the entries can be copied)

Yeah, I imagined it would be kind of like that. Well still it seems to me it won't be too much of a hassle, which is great. Thanks for the reply! :)
Rome Total Realism Project Dev Team Member and  Head of Public Relations
RTR VII Beta Tester/Dev Team Member
"Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.
Proud patron of Aule_the_creator

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2016, 08:21:16 AM »
I am hoping to be able to use the resources that Suppanut researched as well as keep our current regions. Fingers crossed!