Author Topic: [WIP]Unit Cards  (Read 6795 times)

FlashHeart07

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [WIP]Unit Cards
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2016, 10:34:57 AM »
The positioning of the javs shouldnt interfere with the icons applied to the unit card in game. Looking at the Persian infantry (the one which is zoomed the most), it looks better than the rest. But they might need some space at the top, meaning that I will most likely go with the positioning observed with the Persian Immortal.

Im currently on holiday in Singapore, but besides Cavalry units, I should be able to get a couple of cards done each night.
Help especially with the cavalry units is more than welcome. For some reason they just dont work as intended on my computer. Got problems when adding the textures.

http://imgur.com/a/MaobI

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2016, 06:06:48 PM »
Looking really good to me :)

In regards to cavalry, the horse models we use are not vanilla, so if the horse model in the render is vanilla then that's where the issue is stemming from.

Idk if it mentions in the tutorial, but to figure out the mount, you have to look at the mount line in the EDU. Then search that in the DMB. All of our horse models/textures are in RTR/data/models_unit

Hope that helps.
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

FlashHeart07

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2016, 12:32:06 AM »
Its not the model or something like that, which is the problem. Even in the tutorial there are problems with assigning the textures.
I might find a solution, but for now Im focusing on infantry units. But I must say, that it was a lot easier to find the correct unit model for the texture when the two were named similiar. :)

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2016, 04:46:12 AM »
The DMB is your friend, remember that :)
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2016, 08:07:00 AM »
Flashheart, if you get the chance can you make a list of all the cavalry units that need cards, so xeofox can make them? Make sure to include their mounts too.

xeofox

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2016, 08:49:39 AM »
I will try to help with cav. But i need the text list. And please don`t take (few days) saka units (and sarmatian becouse it`s not final but same models). Saka units can be changed!

FlashHeart07

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2016, 03:29:55 PM »
DMB?

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2016, 03:47:58 PM »
Descr_model_battle.txt

Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs

• A Bustle in Your Hedgerow
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2016, 04:34:50 PM »
Did it ever occur to anyone that when you try to open the anims file it corrupts and reduces itself to a staggering size of 1kb ? I tried opening/extracting the anims file with the appropriate extractor and it got corrupt.
Rome Total Realism Project Dev Team Member and  Head of Public Relations
RTR VII Beta Tester/Dev Team Member
-----------------------------------------
"Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.
-----------------------------------------
Proud patron of Aule_the_creator

FlashHeart07

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2016, 06:13:40 PM »
Sadly Im out guys. Adult life is taking too much of my spare time and I simply dont get the time it takes to properly do these unit cards. Sorry. Best of luck with the project. :)
I will still be available if anyone need help doing the unit cards.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2016, 06:25:33 PM »
Sorry to hear that - best of luck with everything, and do check in and see how things are going when you can :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...