Author Topic: RTR at ExiliCon?  (Read 5837 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RTR at ExiliCon?
« on: October 04, 2016, 12:01:32 AM »
So, as some people here may know and most people probably don't, Exilian does an annual convention which this year is in Cambridge, eastern England, on the 22nd of this month.

As RTR is one of our biggest projects it would be nice to have something there - there'll be a stand of Exilian projects so there could at least be a poster about RTR on that or something? If anyone has any thoughts, do throw them at me. Also if anyone can come, please do of course! :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Mausolos of Caria

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • RTR Project Historian
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: RTR at ExiliCon?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 12:16:53 AM »
Ah, I could have come and done something if I knew about this! Anyway, maybe next year then and we can get some RTR people there to promote the mod when it is an a more advanced stage  :)
''I found a city of bricks and left a city of marble''

Augustus

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 03:16:07 AM »
I might try to make it next year if I have the money. We should at least have a poster or something though. I'm trying to think if we have any English team members at the moment!
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

johnswan2

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 06:37:52 AM »
i`m english and a live fairly near cambridge :)

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 05:20:31 PM »
Well would you be interested in being a rep? You don't have to be, but I feel like it might be better to have a person there.
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

xeofox

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 08:09:48 PM »
It would be great! But I haven`t  money even for public transport.  ;D

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2016, 12:22:44 AM »
Would be great to see anyone who can get there certainly! Where are you from, johnswan? I'm originally from Norfolk so it's my part of the country. :)
Links are:
http://exilian.co.uk/con/
https://www.facebook.com/events/975647172504020/

My basic plan at the moment is that if someone can make me an RTR poster I can add it to the Exilian stand which will be a (probably unmanned) table where we'll have a set of general posters about different projects from across the site. Hopefully some future year RTR could have its own stand (we do charge per table/slot for stands, but it's like £5 or £6 for a non-commercial exhibit stand like RTR would want). If people have any more elaborate ideas or think they could put together a stand or do a talk this year that would of course be great, but obviously most of you guys are rather scattered across the globe so might be an idea for future years!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

xeofox

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2016, 01:13:40 AM »
I`ll be glad if the Saka units or some info about ancient nomads will be in the posters.  :)   
And information about archaeologyst in RTR team also... IE about me  ;D . If seriously... i think nead some brochure with short info about all RTR versions and about current!

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2016, 08:19:25 AM »
I'm not so sure we will get anyone to show up, Jubal you may have to do the speaking for us :/

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2016, 11:02:52 AM »
I don't mind if nobody shows up; I'd appreciate it if I didn't have to design the RTR poster/posters myself, though I can deal with printing etc.

DCLXVIMRTRVEBLAKKOKKVLTDCLXVI

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2016, 11:31:48 AM »
There's a small chance I might be able to go there :)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2016, 12:06:51 PM »
It'd be great to see you if you can make it :)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2016, 09:22:51 AM »
Since nobody got back to me on this I just knocked up a quick A4 poster the night before, got to talk to one or two people about it but the con didn't really get enough attendees to start with sadly.

xeofox

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2016, 11:48:52 AM »
Since nobody got back to me on this I just knocked up a quick A4 poster the night before, got to talk to one or two people about it but the con didn't really get enough attendees to start with sadly.
Can we see the poster?

comrade_general

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2016, 02:59:56 AM »
Wow that response is not unlike my recent mural fiasco.