Author Topic: Ahowl11's Comm thread  (Read 2263 times)

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Ahowl11's Comm thread
« on: October 08, 2016, 05:16:26 PM »
Hello everyone, this is my comm thread. Use it to ask any questions or contact me. This will also be a place where I post my daily doings, whether it's modding, research, an idea, or something I read. I will try to make this an example of what everyone should be doing with their Comm threads. It's supposed to be your public journal or blog and people follow it to see what you are doing to contribute.
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Ahowl11's Comm thread
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 05:29:39 PM »
Okay so it's a Saturday, the 8th of October and its morning. I have work in an hour or so, but I have time to talk about what I am doing.

So I have a small plan for what I'd like to do to get Beta 3 out and that includes:

1. Finishing the Naval Mechanics
2. Finishing the reskinning of the vanilla units to be realistic
3. Updating the Strat characters and Banners to be realistic
4. Probably a few other things.

For research I am currently building a library. We have a google drive account that has a number of books that we have been collecting. The only way anyone can access it is if they are a historian or researcher. And that still doesn't mean if someone says 'Hey I all of a sudden want to research this, can I have access to the library?' No you cannot, as I have a good idea of what a person needs to be like to have access to the library. Anyways, I think it will be invaluable to our ability to make our mod as realistic as possible.

As far as the team status is concerned, we are good, however members who have been able to get over here at exilian and get themselves integrated with git are the main members, and I am going to contact each one of them soon to set a few expectations. Once every member has been assigned their team (PR, History, Testing, Art etc) we will go on from there, possibly going to try to add more members.

Now, for the community, ANYONE is welcome. However, you are a community member until you reach out and say you want to help by wanting to get integrated with Git. Once you have Git, and actively test or develop, you are THEN part of the team. If you get Git, but do nothing, you are not part of the team. People who 'join' but do nothing are not on this team. To be on the team, you must be consistent with checking the forums, responding to messages, and contributing to the mod via Git.

As for reading, I have read the first Chapter of G.T. Griffiths 'Mercenaries of the Hellenistic World' and so far I have learned that Alexander, although hiring many mercenaries, only really used his Agrianians and Cretans. The Triballi, Greeks, and Eastern mercenaries he hired served in the second line which never really saw action and was a reserve. These mercenaries were also the troops that he would leave behind at settlements to serve as Garrisons.

God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?