Author Topic: Okinawa Rush  (Read 1663 times)

SteveFusionX

• View Profile
    • Awards
Okinawa Rush
« on: September 09, 2017, 10:18:38 PM »
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stevex/okinawa-rush-a-platform-fighting-game-with-rpg-ele

Description

Okinawa Rush is a 2D platforming game that features a complex, fluid fighting engine in a classic tale of vengeance and power. This is an intense combat focused game that challenges the player to hone their skills battling hordes of enemies. Story A ruthless army of ninja known as the 'Black Mantis' clan have come to Okinawa to loot, pillage and kill anyone that gets in their way. Above all else, they are searching for the legendary training scroll of Hiro Yashima, a karate grandmaster who has developed his martial skill to a supernatural level, summoning flame and sound to vanquish his foes. He returns home one night to find his children missing, his wife slain, and a note in her bloody hand... "Come find me in the shadows beyond the sea and show me what you are capable of ..."

Gameplay
The core of Okinawa Rush is fast, intense combat with a unique "parry everything" system - you can block projectiles, smash traps and parry every boss attack, if you time the input correctly! Doing so increases your "rage bar" which can be used to unleash a fearsome "kia stomp", which destroys everything around the player; including, sometimes the ground and scenery - opening up hidden areas. There is an "edit dojo" feature, where you can create your own training room and furnish it with ornaments bought or found within the main game. Placing the items in certain patterns will unlock "feng shui" bonuses - increasing your stats beyond their natural potential. We have included several mini-games in which the player can train their character, including a karate kata area stylised in a dance rhythm game.

Features
- Fast, fluid combat with unique fighting engine.
- Intense boss battles! - Parry anything system.
- FengShui item system.
- Co-op two player mode.
- Customisable training Dojo
- Train your hero for optimum power and speed.
- Online highscores and time-attack.
Ingame "splits" for speed-runners!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Okinawa Rush
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 10:26:28 PM »
This looks well put together, good stuff :) Not my usual game genre, but I like the idea of a high-parrying game, loads of games seem to focus very heavily on dodging and ignore parrying/block mechanics.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...