Author Topic: RTR8 Beta v3.0 Bug Report Thread  (Read 13922 times)

Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs

• A Bustle in Your Hedgerow
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RTR8 Beta v3.0 Bug Report Thread
« on: December 03, 2016, 02:17:54 AM »
Greetings RTR fans!
 If you came across any bugs/errors/crashes, please let us know here, so we can fix them as soon as possible. Thanks!
Rome Total Realism Project Dev Team Member and  Head of Public Relations
RTR VII Beta Tester/Dev Team Member
-----------------------------------------
"Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.
Proud patron of Aule_the_creator

Santiago

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: RTR8 Beta v3.0 Bug Report Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 04:36:54 PM »
Hello guys, I have a GENERIC ERROR ("failed to find texture /UNIT_STANDART_GAUL.TGA"), this happen when I fighting with Free People faction. Then, the error sends me to the desktop.

??? Please help!! 

Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 05:10:13 PM »
Hello guys, I have a GENERIC ERROR ("failed to find texture /UNIT_STANDART_GAUL.TGA"), this happen when I fighting with Free People faction. Then, the error sends me to the desktop.

??? Please help!!

Hi Santiago! We have made a hotfix for that issue, download the file attached to this reply, extract it, place it in your RTR/data folder, and overwrite the old file. :)
"Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.

Santiago

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 05:45:38 PM »
Excellent, done! Very thanks for the answer and for this beatiful mod!! You are amazing.

Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 11:48:35 PM »
Excellent, done! Very thanks for the answer and for this beatiful mod!! You are amazing.

And thank you for your kind words and giving the mod a shot! Have fun :D

vatarus

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2016, 06:05:46 AM »
Hi guys!
I have a similar problem.
Fix it, please
thanks in advance

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2016, 10:48:00 AM »
That looks more like an installation error, though I'm not sure...
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2016, 04:46:52 PM »
Hi guys!
I have a similar problem.
Fix it, please
thanks in advance

Hi vatarus! As Jubal said, this seems like an installation error, as we didn't have any similar complaints. Can you please delete the mod and reinstall it and try again? If that doesn't work, we'll see to it that we provide a fix :)

Tomas259

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2017, 10:16:42 PM »

??? Please help!!

Hi Santiago! We have made a hotfix for that issue, download the file attached to this reply, extract it, place it in your RTR/data folder, and overwrite the old file. :)

Hello guys, first of all big RESPECT for what you are doing for the RTR community, much appreciated!

I have the same problem as Santiago had, I did the same thing as was advised to him and also aplied the 3.1 patch. I did not check if this fix the problem with fighting against the Free Nations but I have the following problem: When playing for SPQR, at around 270/269 BC while waiting for Carthage to make their move, the game crushed and kicks me to the desktop without any error. Would you mind helping me, please?

Thanks!

Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2017, 12:46:40 AM »

Hello guys, first of all big RESPECT for what you are doing for the RTR community, much appreciated!

I have the same problem as Santiago had, I did the same thing as was advised to him and also aplied the 3.1 patch. I did not check if this fix the problem with fighting against the Free Nations but I have the following problem: When playing for SPQR, at around 270/269 BC while waiting for Carthage to make their move, the game crushed and kicks me to the desktop without any error. Would you mind helping me, please?

Thanks!

Hello Tomas259!
Thank you for reporting the issue, I will forward this to our coding department right away. Expect a reply on the issue soon :)

Tomas259

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 09:27:07 AM »

Thanks!

Hello Tomas259!
Thank you for reporting the issue, I will forward this to our coding department right away. Expect a reply on the issue soon :)

Cheers, thanks a lot for looking into this :)

Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2017, 11:00:15 AM »
Sorry, Tomas259, I just got a word that it's an error that we have been having for some time now and we don't know the exact cause yet. You'll need to start a new campaign, sadly. I hope we'll find and fix the issue as soon as possible.

Tomas259

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2017, 11:19:20 AM »
Sorry, Tomas259, I just got a word that it's an error that we have been having for some time now and we don't know the exact cause yet. You'll need to start a new campaign, sadly. I hope we'll find and fix the issue as soon as possible.

No problem, thanks for letting me know and good luck with the progress! You are all doing an awesome job.

Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2017, 05:02:36 PM »

No problem, thanks for letting me know and good luck with the progress! You are all doing an awesome job.

Thank you for those kind words! Fan support means a lot to us, always! Have fun playing! :D

Tomas259

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2017, 10:26:30 PM »

Thank you for those kind words! Fan support means a lot to us, always! Have fun playing! :D

Will do, great community indeed! :)