Author Topic: RTR8 Beta v3.0 Bug Report Thread  (Read 13920 times)

Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs

• A Bustle in Your Hedgerow
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: RTR8 Beta v3.0 Bug Report Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2017, 03:06:02 AM »
The more the merrier!  ;D
Rome Total Realism Project Dev Team Member and  Head of Public Relations
RTR VII Beta Tester/Dev Team Member
-----------------------------------------
"Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.
Proud patron of Aule_the_creator

Tomas259

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2017, 01:44:38 PM »
Hi guys, one question from me:

Are there actually any ,,events messages" as part of this mod? You know for example something like ,,Earthquake in Alexandria" or ,,The Zoroastrian dispute" or something like this, which would be like random events and than some non-random ones, that would follow real event message from the real history, like for example ,,180 BC,     The Lex Villia annalis, which established minimum ages for high office and required a minimum of two years in private life between offices, was passed."

These messages do not have to actually have any effect on the game-play, they just use to create a feeling of history and a living world.

Cheers and thanks for the answer :)

Tomas259

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2017, 05:54:34 PM »
Sorry, Tomas259, I just got a word that it's an error that we have been having for some time now and we don't know the exact cause yet. You'll need to start a new campaign, sadly. I hope we'll find and fix the issue as soon as possible.

I have found a solution that helped me at least. When the campaign crashed during the end turn loading, I simply started a different campaign, finished one turn and loaded the first campaign again. This prevented me the crash and I could continue.

Maybe others can try if this would work.

Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2017, 06:51:25 PM »

Are there actually any ,,events messages" as part of this mod? You know for example something like ,,Earthquake in Alexandria" or ,,The Zoroastrian dispute" or something like this, which would be like random events and than some non-random ones, that would follow real event message from the real history, like for example ,,180 BC,     The Lex Villia annalis, which established minimum ages for high office and required a minimum of two years in private life between offices, was passed."

These messages do not have to actually have any effect on the game-play, they just use to create a feeling of history and a living world.

There may be any but at this time of development they are low priority, we are still working on units, fixes, balance and a new map :)

I have found a solution that helped me at least. When the campaign crashed during the end turn loading, I simply started a different campaign, finished one turn and loaded the first campaign again. This prevented me the crash and I could continue.

Oh, that's great news! I'll forward this to the team, hopefully we can find a definitive fix. Enjoy!
"Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.

Tomas259

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2017, 07:43:15 PM »

Are there actually any ,,events messages" as part of this mod? You know for example something like ,,Earthquake in Alexandria" or ,,The Zoroastrian dispute" or something like this, which would be like random events and than some non-random ones, that would follow real event message from the real history, like for example ,,180 BC,     The Lex Villia annalis, which established minimum ages for high office and required a minimum of two years in private life between offices, was passed."

There may be any but at this time of development they are low priority, we are still working on units, fixes, balance and a new map :)

Oh, that's great news! I'll forward this to the team, hopefully we can find a definitive fix. Enjoy!

Cheers, thanks a lot for getting back to me. Good luck with the development :)

Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2017, 07:51:25 PM »
No worries, mate! Thank you a bunch for your feedback and kind wishes! We're already working on v4.0, no release date as of yet, but it's in the works :)

Tomas259

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2017, 08:29:19 AM »
No worries, mate! Thank you a bunch for your feedback and kind wishes! We're already working on v4.0, no release date as of yet, but it's in the works :)

Sounds great, can't wait :)

Drake Luso

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2017, 02:34:49 PM »
Hi, i used to play RTR6 back in time and i found about this launch.

Havent played much yes but i noticed that whenever you load a game lets say for a 2nd time the 4 turn mod doesnt starts unless you load after a new game start.

Example:
start as roman - activate mod ok - save load back again the save again its says to click the advisor to finish off loading but if you end turn it will go straight to winter instead of stay summer turn 1.

PS: i already patched with 3.1

Best regards

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2017, 09:54:16 PM »
For me personally I've found that just exiting the game and starting again is the best and safest solution to get the script activated properly.
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2017, 10:40:30 PM »
Scripts in RTW are an odd beast - agreed, exit & return is usually the best option.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...