Author Topic: HEADLINER: Control public opinion, start a Riot  (Read 12540 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: HEADLINER: Control public opinion, start a Riot
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2017, 11:20:08 AM »
Aye, sure - because of the people I know and my real-space political views gender related issues are something that jumps out at me where it wouldn't for other people I think - it doesn't impact the game in general :)

That's a great credits screen, I approve!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2017, 06:56:45 AM »
Still going back and forth on whether I want to do an art pass before launching Alpha publicly... I'd prefer to get feedback and see if the concept has any potential, but some reactions lead me to believe the current placeholder art might be too much off a turn off for many people to even give it a proper chance :/ Don't wanna miss an opportunity for an interesting game due to temporary art.

So in the meantime, did a few art test/mockups for the street scene. Thoughts?

Check out my upcoming Indie Game Karaski:What Goes Up... - You're one of five suspects of a sabotage onboard a 1920s Slavic Airship. Find the culprit or confess your crime in an open-ended, detective adventure game.

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2017, 03:36:22 PM »
Finished playing it, gotta say the SOs use of language changes a huge amount. It's a little disconcerting. Other than that, great game dude :)

EDIT: and left a lengthy survey response, hope it helps :)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 03:44:21 PM by Clockwork »
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2017, 04:13:04 PM »
The "realistic" and "blade runner" graphics options both look quite atmospheric :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2017, 05:55:29 AM »
By the way, I am looking for an artist to overhaul the artstyle if anyone is interested :)
Check out my upcoming Indie Game Karaski:What Goes Up... - You're one of five suspects of a sabotage onboard a 1920s Slavic Airship. Find the culprit or confess your crime in an open-ended, detective adventure game.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2017, 12:50:49 PM »
Alas, my ability at art is... limited, it's fair to say :P

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2017, 04:50:30 AM »
Likewise... as you can see ;p

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2017, 05:54:34 AM »

Long time no updated, haven't had luck finding an artist so decided to give it my own effort, drawing from some other references.

New dinner scene - thoughts?

And here's a take with some DOF

Feedback much appreciated :)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2017, 09:21:52 AM »
It's good art :) Though arguably it feels a bit "dinner at a restaurant" and perhaps should be more "home-ish" in feel? Like wearing what appears to be a pearl necklace for an everyday dinner at home may be excessive! I think the more blurred/faded background is probably the better one.

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2017, 05:52:11 AM »
Thanks! Yea I am not entirely happy with the woman, looks too much like Wilma from Flinstones haha ;)

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2017, 07:46:36 AM »
Tweaked the lady clothes, making her bit less like Wilma :P

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2017, 09:13:34 PM »

And here's a take of my scene with a guy!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2017, 09:48:43 PM »
I like the style :) I think the lady still needs some clothing tweaks, just the borders between different sections of clothing look a bit off somehow compared to how the fabric would actually hang, but it's an improvement in clothing style definitely. The guy looks good, though I'd maybe age him a little, he looks a bit boyish/teenage - perhaps a slight stubble and a bit of added breadth in the shoulders?

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2017, 12:35:22 AM »
Thanks, those are all good points. I need a break tho, just added the daughter :p

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2017, 10:31:58 AM »
Not sure the clothes suit the daughter, they look too straight laced for the character. Could also add some nail polish. And umm... How come they have the mona lisa? Is this dude a modern Peruggia? :D
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.